85lbs lost, 45lbs to my goal

Options
SW: 330lbs 6/9/17
CW: 245lbs 1/18/18
GW: 200lbs
HT; 5'8"

Even though I know I have lost the weight, its still difficult for me to see. I struggle everyday still because in the mirror I can still see the fat I have to loose. Even though I am always told by friends how much they can tell.

igvwuhurp6w9.jpg
vohbbi0mf9sh.jpg
v4fzy1awwwk3.jpg

Replies

• livinok
    livinok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of you. You’re doing good work.
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, please post more I am in the same boat!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Pictures dont lie! Quit discounting your hard work!!! You are doing and keep going forth cause you are doing it and will get to the point of being unrecognizable :)<3
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look much slimmer and you are so much healthier! Keep on keeping on
  • doingitforcckandi
    Options
    Wow! You averaged a ~3lbs/week loss over 6 months! Incredible! Please share the detail - how many calories per day and what did you do for excersize?
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    85 Lbs gone is such a wonderful accomplishment! Be proud of yourself. You are doing amazing!!
  • bpetersen1234
    bpetersen1234 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! You averaged a ~3lbs/week loss over 6 months! Incredible! Please share the detail - how many calories per day and what did you do for excersize?

I started with eating 1600 calories on the days I didn't work out and just over 1800 the days I did. I now eat 1800 calories on my non work out days. Depending on how hard I work out I will eat from 2000 to 2500 calories on those days. My work outs consist hiking, weight lifting, circuit training and softball. I can't give specifics because I don't always do the same thing. I try and always do something new so I don't plateau.
  • bpetersen1234
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Pictures dont lie! Quit discounting your hard work!!! You are doing and keep going forth cause you are doing it and will get to the point of being unrecognizable :)<3

The pictures of me bigger are the first time I saw them when I posted them. My wife had them on her phone. When she sent them to me, I actually looked at her and said wow what a gut chuck. That was the first I actually noticed what I have done.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't let the negativity in your head get you down. Sometimes it feels like I'm bigger than I was when I started and then I remember it's all in my head. You're going through the same thing.

Tremendous and outstanding progress! Keep it up. You're so close <3
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Doing great man! Keep at it!
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. How is your progress lately?
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep up the great work you have done so far :)
  • CrashTestKing
    CrashTestKing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing awesome!

You're in a remarkably similar position to me (though you've lost your weight faster). I, too, started north of 300 (Starting Weight = 320 lbs). As of 10 minutes ago, I'm down to 237.5. And we're even the same height!

The big difference is I started mine back in January 2017, so my weight loss has gone slower (I don't care, so long as the numbers on the scale are going in the right direction). And my goal weight is lower - I want to get down to my old military weight of 174, which itself isn't even as low as the experts say is "optimal weight" for me (for that, I'd have to be down below 160!).
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you've worked hard and it shows...you seem so knowledgeable about your program and why you are doing what you're doing. key in on that confidence.. nothing wrong with taking a minute to feel proud of how far you've come. It doesn't mean you'll stop working toward your weight goal.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well done!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!
  • bpetersen1234
    Options
    you've worked hard and it shows...you seem so knowledgeable about your program and why you are doing what you're doing. key in on that confidence.. nothing wrong with taking a minute to feel proud of how far you've come. It doesn't mean you'll stop working toward your weight goal.

Keep up the hard work. Good job on your progress. As of last week I was at 236.6. Feb. was a rough month, but I did it on purpose. I didn't eat as great but still worked out. To my surprise i was expecting a weight gain when I had a 2lb loss. So I see it as a loss is a loss.
  • bpetersen1234
    edited March 2018
    Options
    callriter wrote: »
    callriter wrote: »

As of last Thursday I was at 236.6lbs. I slowed down a little last month to try something different. Sorry for the late answer I just saw this post.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    you must feel so much better! Look at you, out in the wild hiking about!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!