It works!!!

Options
Today's my 30 day streak of CICO and I went down to from 226 lbs to 212.6 lbs. A loss of 13.4 lbs so far. This is so exciting for me for several reasons:
1. This is the first time I've stuck to a 'diet' for more than two weeks
2. I can eat what I want within my goals so I don't have to crave anything
3. My mental health is improving as well with this.

Hopefully, next month will be just as good. Going to take it slow and steady. Aiming for a total loss of 100 lbs.

Btw, my stats in case anyone interested are:
5'2, female and taking 1200 calories daily. Currently, not doing any exercise but planning to start some in the next couple of days

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It does work! It feels like freedom once you finally "get it!"

Make sure that when you do start exercising that you eat some of those extra calories you earn so you don't start to net less than 1200 day. That's the absolute minimum for women, and you'll find it hard to get the nutrients you need and generally start feeling crappy if you dip below for too long.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I almost got my pitchfork out, thinking this thread would be about those "It Works" body wraps...

:D:D:D

Congrats OP, glad you're finding success. You'll probably end up gaining some water weight when you begin working out, so don't fret about that. It's just your muscles repairing themselves.

I so thought the same! Came for the drama haha ....

OP, so happy for your loss so far. I agree with upping your calories when you begin working out :) Keep up the great work! Slow and steady wins the race B)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I almost got my pitchfork out, thinking this thread would be about those "It Works" body wraps...

Congrats OP, glad you're finding success. You'll probably end up gaining some water weight when you begin working out, so don't fret about that. It's just your muscles repairing themselves.

OP, so happy for your loss so far. I agree with upping your calories when you begin working out :) Keep up the great work! Slow and steady wins the race B)

me three. I was like. woof. maybe Friday's entertainment.

But OP- super happy it's working out for you!!! You absolutely have this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Guilty of the same also :lol: we are such a cynical bunch lol
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

me three. I was like. woof. maybe Friday's entertainment.

But OP- super happy it's working out for you!!! You absolutely have this!

Yup. Me too. Had my popcorn and cheesy puffs ready for the drama.

Nice one OP. Keep on doing what you're doing.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does! So happy to hear of your success, keep on doing it! And once you add exercise to the mix you can eat back some of those calories, win/win. You can do it! :)