Changing hair color

Options
ririleb
ririleb Posts: 1 Member
Im sick of the color of my hair i just dont know what would suit me besides black. It's been black and straight since i was born. What color do you think would look good?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Rainbow streaks!! Or just go pink and purple highlights. Or blue and green highlights. Or neon orange that glows in the dark!! That would be awesome!!!

I want hidden rainbow hair. I've never coloured my hair before but I think I'm due for a midlife crisis
  • Alfred650
    Alfred650 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    your natural color is amazing if you color it can you get your natural color back without waiting years?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Maybe just have the ends done - but if its really black it might not work. My friend (who is Chinese) wanted her ends purple, but her hairdresser tested a strand (she cut some from underneath to test) and it didn't take properly.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Maybe start with something not so drastic - like do some highlights in a cool violet color.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I went the natural route. From brown to flesh colored with gray highlights
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    ririleb wrote: »
    Im sick of the color of my hair i just dont know what would suit me besides black. It's been black and straight since i was born. What color do you think would look good?

What hair colors do you admire? Have you thought about trying on some wigs in different colors?
    Do you want something natural looking or more wildly colored?
    Highlights?

You could probably move from a black to a brown or an auburn.
    https://www.herinterest.com/how-to-dye-black-hair-brown/
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If your scared of a big change add some Carmel peek a boos!
    It will def be a change and subtle to you
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I think a nice ombre is always cute - but keep it fairly dark if you are wanting to keep your black, because otherwise I think it would look kind of odd (just my humble opinion). Or add a subtle color, like blue black or a really deep purple. :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Don't go from dark to light in one shot. You'll probably end up with funky ugly orangey hair and when you try to correct it with new color, it'll just get worse.

Whatever you do, in terms of big changes, go to a professional. Jmho
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Platinum blond. Don't do it in stages. Don't leave the salon until you can flag down a plane with your hair.
  • loopylou50
    loopylou50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive gone back to being blonde today from my natural dark brown. No regrets
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i like this ombré on dark hair

6k76d4jz3c1z.jpeg

and less commitment because most of the color is towards the ends

That's pretty.