Binge eating/drinking at night

Options
I do great all day watching what I eat and staying under my goal but as soon as night rolls around I can’t control myself

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Is your calorie deficit too steep?
  • murth208
    murth208 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nights are the toughest for me also. I was a binge eater, which is pretty tough when you’re a man, there’s not a lot of us. I found a book that helps me called Brain over Binge. This book really helped me to get a hold of my binge eating.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Pre-log and budget.
    I have this problem. So I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. I budget calories for a snack before before bed. I don't mind being a little hungry in the middle of the day, as long as it means I get to eat later when I'm the most likely to be compelled to munch. I also have a cup of cinnamon apple tea before bed. Tasty.

I also eat less during the week so that I can bank cals for the weekend. Cuz bourbon on Sat night.
    HTH.

• mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat volume friendly foods at night such as popcorn. I pre-log it so I know it fits.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same issue...trying to sort it out by plaYing around with my calories throughout the day and finding low calorie high volume foods.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's my thing too.. I just eat a lot less during the day so I can eat more at night.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    murth208 wrote: »
    Nights are the toughest for me also. I was a binge eater, which is pretty tough when you’re a man, there’s not a lot of us. I found a book that helps me called Brain over Binge. This book really helped me to get a hold of my binge eating.

I bet there are a lot of men who binge eat, they just don't call it that.

I'm going to check out that book, thanks for the rec.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I had to cut out alcohol....wreaked havoc on my control levels.
    Listen, "a" drink cause it tastes good? No...I drink cause I want that alcohol high or letdown. Not 1 drink but 3 most likely and then the munchies let loose!
    Can't do it anymore!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I god to bed early, watching tv bores me — when I’m bored, I eat.