How can i cut down on sweets and overeating

I generally start consuming sweets about 10 days before my cycle and overeat when i am feeling low... It feels awful after eating.. How can i cut down on it

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    I wouldn't keep sweets in the house if I couldn't control overeating them. Or buy one small package at a time.
  • ADX24Fit
    ADX24Fit Posts: 5 Member
    Making sure you are well hydrated and have a healthy amount of complex carbs through out the day.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 356 Member
    anureet83 wrote: »
    I generally start consuming sweets about 10 days before my cycle and overeat when i am feeling low... It feels awful after eating.. How can i cut down on it

With regards to sweets, if you go cold turkey the cravings will go away in a few days. Do not bring anything into the house that you don't want to eat. If you bring it home, you are setting yourself up for failure. If there are others in your house that want sweets, they can get them outside the house. After all, they want to be supportive of you, don't they? Wishing you all the best :)
  • Drakebalrog
    Drakebalrog Posts: 8 Member
    I started Intermittent fasting about 5 days ago. At the end of day 2 i got incrediblyyyy bored and just went over my calorie limit as well as consuming simple carbs (white bread) and Milo (basically hot chocolate). I'm on day 5 and i'm getting more disciplined with regards to how I eat. I'm creating this mentality that if i relapse and eat unnecessary foods/sweets, i just wont achieve what I want (lose overall fat and gain muscle, specifically belly fat since its very unhealthy).
    Some say Its not good to be so strict with yourself when it comes to health goals or occasionally cheating but thats just how it works for me. Thinking, "this isn't really good for me" so i avoid it till the point where it'll just be normal for me or i don't feel as guilty when consuming those kinds of food.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    chromium picolate mineral supplement kills my sweet craving
  • CarlsbergLewis
    CarlsbergLewis Posts: 186 Member
    Close your mouth
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2018
    substitute with fruits like sweet ripe bananas , oranges, apples.. always have them around and don't buy the junk stuff! (indulge very occasionally)