application for a new running partner...

Options
ok, not really BUT sometimes that's what i feel like I need to do! I swear I can't find a running partner to save my life! lol I want to start a running club for beginners(b/c i haven't ran consistantly for a long time)
The people that I know who want/like to run make every excuse up in the book to NOT run with me because they think that I will leave them in the dust or something lol. I tell them the same thing every time, I'm there to encourage YOU and to make YOU push yourself harder, but i'm not going to sprint the whole way..HELL NO!

grrrr
end vent :):happy:

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ok, not really BUT sometimes that's what i feel like I need to do! I swear I can't find a running partner to save my life! lol I want to start a running club for beginners(b/c i haven't ran consistantly for a long time)
    The people that I know who want/like to run make every excuse up in the book to NOT run with me because they think that I will leave them in the dust or something lol. I tell them the same thing every time, I'm there to encourage YOU and to make YOU push yourself harder, but i'm not going to sprint the whole way..HELL NO!

grrrr
    end vent :):happy:

Are you sure there aren't already running clubs in your area?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me trying to find someone to run the trails with. No one will come along :(
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    awh I wish you lived near me, I would love to become a runner !!!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me trying to find someone to run the trails with. No one will come along :(

Seriously, same problem. I've been dying to go hiking ALL summer and NOBODY wants to go, but I'm still going. By myself. (Well, with some guide and a bunch of random people I don't know. Maybe I'll make some new friends who'll go with me next time.)

At one point I convinced a friend to run with me, but after the 3rd time or so she got lazy. GRRR. I wish I knew more fitness-minded/athletic people. I feel like I'm on my own here, and it's getting quite boring. I mean, I'm not very athletic or FIT fit, but all I ask is for someone to get off their butts and MOVE with me!

Edit: I really love your tattoo.
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    Its Crazy ....Lots of my Friends talk about doing this and that but when they have the chance....they walk away .
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    look into local running club to see if there is a training group that may fit your needs. Some times we have invisible walls up, we don't realize they are there. But many times there is some one in the same area with the same problem. Also, I vaguely remember some thing about finding running partners through map my run, maybe? There are programs out there that match folks who want running partners. Try listening to some running podcasts for some suggestions or information available on that topic. ok, one more suggestion.. perhaps there is some one that cannot run, but would like to get out and do some sort of activity... like bike along while you run. Its great for long runs cause a bike can carry extra nutrition and water too. Good luck.
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    look into local running club to see if there is a training group that may fit your needs. Some times we have invisible walls up, we don't realize they are there. But many times there is some one in the same area with the same problem. Also, I vaguely remember some thing about finding running partners through map my run, maybe? There are programs out there that match folks who want running partners. Try listening to some running podcasts for some suggestions or information available on that topic. ok, one more suggestion.. perhaps there is some one that cannot run, but would like to get out and do some sort of activity... like bike along while you run. Its great for long runs cause a bike can carry extra nutrition and water too. Good luck.
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    nope :( no running clubs close to me, bummer. But on another note, i may be able to start my own!