"Business Casual" pants for the big legged ladies.

Options
BusyRaeNOTBusty
BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
Big legs, small-ish waist. I have a 29" natural waist (at my belly button), 32" where my pants usually sit. 41" hips, and 24" thighs. I also need a 34" inseam. I just got a new job and will need some non jean pants, business casual, so khakis are fine. My biggest problem is that to fit my thighs and butt, I end up with a lot of extra material at the waist. And recommendations?

In turn, I recommend Levi's 515 for jeans, and Troy Lee Skyline for mountain bike / outdoorsy shorts.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    buy the size to fit your thighs/butt and then get the waist tailored to fit elsewhere - a good tailor is worth their weight in gold
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm able to fit into a curvier fit pant. Places like Banana Republic and the Limited (RIP) sell them. I tend to wear a lot of stretchy skirts/dresses as well. I've got a 26" waist, 40" hips/butt, and 22" quads, so I feel ya.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm able to fit into a curvier fit pant. Places like Banana Republic and the Limited (RIP) sell them. I tend to wear a lot of stretchy skirts/dresses as well. I've got a 26" waist, 40" hips/butt, and 22" quads, so I feel ya.

I'm shaped like this too, but am very tall (5'11") and struggle to find work appropriate pants. Is there anyway you can wear skirts to work? I find that they are more comfortable and you can buy them almost anywhere.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

I'm shaped like this too, but am very tall (5'11") and struggle to find work appropriate pants. Is there anyway you can wear skirts to work? I find that they are more comfortable and you can buy them almost anywhere.

I'm a shorty (5'5"ish with a 31" inseam) but I wear skinny leg pants that are meant to be shorter. You could probably find those.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yea, I agree it's possible, but I have very long legs (36") and don't like that look on me. I have found some great work pants at BR in the past and agree that it's a good place to start.

Gap sometimes has long curvy khaki style pants too.
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    I've been special ordering curvy fit tall pants on the internet. I've used Old Navy and Worthington brand. I've also been wearing more leggings and tunics/short dresses which is fine for my job.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I work in a casual office environment where I can wear stretch jeans. Otherwise, I'd live in skirts I think. Major thigh to waist ratio issues.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Wide leg trousers, and maxi skirts were my go to when I had to dress in my retail uniform. Otherwise, try to find anything that days "curvy fit".
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Rafaella Curvy Gabardine - I like the boot cut. Awesome pants and come out of the washer and dryer looking perfect. Amazon. Trust me.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Always check what the fabrics are...good stretchy/breathable options usually include a small amount of the following: ~5% spandex, lyrca, linen, modal, elastane, etc. Pants shopping can be an absolute nightmare for those who actually train legs...
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This is what I wear.http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1009305&pcid=67595&vid=1&pid=304067002

Now, my hips are very straight, but I have a big butt for my proportions. The banana republic pants have a good stretch in them, so they'll stretch over the thighs but still be fitted enough to not gap so much at my waist. Banana also has another couple fits that might have a little more hip room.
  • ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    JCP has a brand called Worthington. I'm 5'5'' and it always seems to fit my bigger thighs. But smaller waist, so it doesn't get baggy.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    buy the size to fit your thighs/butt and then get the waist tailored to fit elsewhere - a good tailor is worth their weight in gold

I do this..or wear skirts that have some give to them. I do have one decent pair of black pants/slacks I bought from Express a million years ago that are stretch material but no luck since.