Scales?

I want to by a scale from Amazon that weighs my weight plus my body fat etc. But I have no clue witch one I should get. I don't want one that is pricy but not cheap either. Also one I can sync to my cell. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies

• scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    WiFi > BT

Nokia announced today that they are shutting down Withings

That leaves Garmin, Fitbit, and Under Armour.
    UA is the most expensive.
    Garmin is 2nd.
    Fitbit Aria is least.

Are you locked into the Garmin ecosystem? Buy a Garmin.
    Are you locked into Fitbit? Buy an Aria
    Are you system agnostic? Buy an Aria

All the other scales you see on Amazon are crap. The Withings/Nokia ones were the best, but I wouldn't buy one knowing Nokia is pulling the plug.
  • TigerLilly03
    TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
    Oh wow I did know that. That's for the info. And letting. Me know. Ill just stick with my digital scale that just reads my weight. Thanks for taking the time and letting me know !
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    As for connected scales Garmin and Fitbit ones are OK. They are also quite expensive.
    As far as expensive scales go, I still stick with my Omron BF511. Not connected but 4-point measurements should in theory give more accurate numbers than 2-point on those connected scales ( not that anything besides weight can be accurate on domestic scales anyway). That 10 seconds it takes me to input number to an app isn't big deal enough for me to go for connected scale.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    WiFi > BT

Nokia announced today that they are shutting down Withings

Man. I love my Withings scale. Step on it and walk away. No typing numbers in and everything gets updated.

Going to be pissed if I have to search out a new one.

OP. Most here have no use for the BF% readings. I'm not so sure they are completely useless, they just need to be taken with a grain of salt. Mine show a decent downward trend over the last year.

eu6pvb5sk4xh.png