Just ate a whole square of chocolate

Options
JeromeBarry1
JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
Ghirardelli, 86% cocoa, 60 calories.

I don't see what the big deal of all the threads started by people who "ate a whole" + "chocolate" is.

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Chocolate = bad, it's ingrained in the average American soul.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Chocolate is the nectar of the gods.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is the same as any other food. If you eat it, you log it to record the calories. If you go over your daily goal, you review it and use smaller portion size next time.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Maybe it has to do with most people eating a few hundred calories of chocolate in one go, like a whole mars bar or a few rows of chocolate rather than a single square.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense food. Before you know it you have eaten too much.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    A whole block? Never in my life have I stopped at one block. In fact, very rarely does only one block go into my mouth. I am proud of myself if I only have half a slab (but again, that rarely happens)
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    A whole block? Never in my life have I stopped at one block. In fact, very rarely does only one block go into my mouth. I am proud of myself if I only have half a slab (but again, that rarely happens)

It helps that I purchase them individually wrapped in a bag.

Last night Mrs told me that she finished her Valentine's Dove chocolate heart. That only took 3 days. I gave it to her early. She didn't share.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    chocolate?

we still have See's chocolate left over from Christmas.

.... there's also a pint of ice cream in the freezer that has been there, unopened, for a month or two.

obviously, I can take it or leave it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    I got to the last serving of my half-gallon of no-sugar vanilla ice cream. It was actually 5.6 oz so I got it all, and in a fit of indulgence put 14 grams of chocolate syrup on it. I logged it into my diary and had 10 calories remaining. Then I exercised.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with gummy bears?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Whats wrong with gummy bears?

Mmmm, chocolate covered gummy bears!!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm about to go have some hershey kisses and log it. :)
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don’t think it’s got anything to do with chocolate being bad or whatever ... it’s what it stands for, it’s the emotional impact, it’s the return to the old ways

Some people maybe feel they suffer with their weight and attribute it partly to eating multiple bars of chocolate a day. Now they are trying to lose weight, eat normally and a slip up and consumption of 400kcal bar of chocolate on top of your daily goal is a set back emotionally more than physically.

Of course posting about it is a good way to release and to get some positive reinforcement back from a peer group.

But carry on and belittle the efforts of others with your rather insulting 60kcal story ... it’s delightfull

Or just be offended and click woo
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I can stop at one square too but we might be in the minority? I pride myself on having great willpower. ( but if I have the calories left I will eat more)

I'm still enjoying one chocolate per day from my Christmas Thorntons chocolates. I fully expect that box to last til Easter :smile:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    A square of chocolate is just a square of chocolate, to a lot of people. To someone with disordered eating actions/thoughts, that one little piece of chocolate to them is something much bigger.

Kudos to those who enjoy a Hershey's kiss.