the type of work ones does

Options
Hi, I am new to this site and I am a CNA (certified nursing assistant), I am basically on my feet and moving for about 7 hrs a day. At the moment, it is all the exercise I do...does anyone have any ideas as to how I can input this to my journal. I realize that unless I start moving even more, I might not lose...but just curious as to if there are any other cna's out there with my same problem! Thank you!

Replies

• bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm not a CNA, but try wearing a pedometer on a daily basis and try to find a way to log how many steps or miles you walk during the day.
  • palsluoma
    Options
    anyone have a good recommendation on a decent pedometer that actually works well. I am too busy to actually count my steps and god knows I would lose track of them anyway. The last one that I had, I didn't hold out much faith that it worked accurately! ugh...why does this weight loss have to be so hard!!!
  • Bebemadison
    Options
    When you set up your goals it asks you your activity lvl and there is one for nurses so it will automatically calculate that into your calorie goals.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you set up your profile correctly you do not input it.

If you set up your profile as sedatary then I would correct it to the right activity level then only log exercise as exercise.

Working no matter how active it is, is not exercise, your body is used to the activity and those calories are already accounted for.

Best of Luck!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Im the same way, im a CMA ( certified medical assistant) and im walking around taking care of patients everyday, in a doctor's office.I think a pedometer is a great idea, you can probably get one at Walmart.
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    I'm a nursing assistant at a hospital, and I have done what the girl above me stated with the activity level thing. If it's a busier night than normal and I feel like I've done a lot more walking, I'll enter walking into my exercise. Otherwise, if it's basically the same amount of exercise every day--your body is used to that and just that for exercise isn't going to make you lose weight faster. That's what I was told by my doctor.
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    oops! I mean how bebemadison said it. Should have quoted her!