Fell off

Options
Sick, funeral, sick, tendon injury, failure to self-motivate.

JFT: Log everything but Shabbat dinner. Increase gym time by 10 min. Buy snazzy new replacement water bottle: Fill and drink. Care for tendon.

Replies

• onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You fell off, but now you're back! :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Sick, funeral, sick, tendon injury, failure to self-motivate.

JFT: Log everything but Shabbat dinner. Increase gym time by 10 min. Buy snazzy new replacement water bottle: Fill and drink. Care for tendon.

Things I refer to as "life". There will always be something going on, so expect it and plan for it as best you can. Expecting everything to go perfectly with our eating and workout plans is unrealistic so be mentally prepared to have other options available. Learning those types of techniques will help you succeed long term.

Hope your injury heals soon! Don't waste time looking for self-motivation. It's not reliable. Habits are. Build habits and the less energy you spend trying to be motivated.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Back injury this week for me, so no exercise at all. Ugh! Luckily I have developed those logging habits and am hitting my daily calories. Hope you and I both recover quickly!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I fell off as well, my back, neck and right shoulder suck. Was good until I went kayaking, for some reason I get a really bad burning at the base of my neck, like a wasp stinging me over and over when I kayak. Was really sore from that for a little then my back and shoulder injuries flared up bad.

Oh well it happened, I gained weight and now I'm back at it. Going to bring that neck thing up with my doc though.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Though the injuries took me out I should have still been logging meals, hard not to snack when your stuck resting for long periods. Need to stop that or hire someone to kick my butt if I start gorging myself again :)