a question in respect to body recomposition macro calcs to lose fat and gain muscle

Morning im hoping for a bit more advice on this challenge I have regarding the above , ive worked out the formulas as per the blog and have my training day goals and rest day goals however one question I am trying to work out is my training day target is 2553 cals however my daily average exercise is around a 1000 cals expended therefore I feel my target should be higher than what myfitnesspal advises as if im in a deficit or say 600 to 1000 cals a day surely I will see a weight loss which will hamper muscle growth . confused .

Replies

• cdixon5167
    cdixon5167 Posts: 2 Member
    Cut out all carbs try to consume 25g or less carbs per day. Try a 48 hour fast (if you eat 750 calories in that time period it is not a fast. All these idiots online say that they ‘fast’ but still eat small amounts of food in that time period. That is not a fast.) the fast is NOT ‘starving yourself’ it’s to make your body produce ketones to use for energy instead of sugar. Ketones turn fat into energy, also fasting for that long will cause your body to produce more human growth hormone which will help with muscle growth. 80% of the calories you consume should come from fat. Definitely eat protein but not more than 20-25% of your calories should come from protein because then your liver will turn that excess protein into sugar and you won’t be using ketones for energy anymore so the fat on your body won’t be getting burned for energy and the whole plan will go to *kitten*. Ketogenic diet. It’s the *kitten* for losing fat and building muscle. Look it up.
  • sstewart22003
    sstewart22003 Posts: 2 Member
    thanks for your reply , still a little confused and I do understand how it works for the body , with my maintenance and gym session I should be targeting around 3200 cals to maintain ! I don't need fat loss tbf as I understand I will cut when I reach muscle gains that's where the confusion starts , I have my goals re myfitnesspal advice yet taking onboard only 2553 cals will leave me in cal deficit toward 880cals per day so obvious to me (weight loss) so how does muscle then grow with a calorie deficit , protein will be around 40% mark on train days