Weight loss Problem

Options
I've been dieting for the past couple of months and have been eating less and still I have the same weight. Please tell me what to do?

Replies

• pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Someone way more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly with some good advice but I'd start by heading over the the 'Getting Started' board and reading the pinned thread about how to get started with MFP. If you follow the advice, log your food accurately (using a food scale) and stay within the calories MFP gives you, I'm sure you'll see a change. Good luck. :smile:
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Then you are probably not really eating less. Or maybe you're eating less, but you were gaining before and now you are eating at your maintenance calories.

Did you put in your stats on MFP? How many calories does it tell you to eat? Do you weigh/measure/log all of your food?

Basically, you're eating too much.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You have to eat less for real, and not just less than before (which could result in just weight maintenanence, not loss), but enough to create a calorie deficit, and not just think you are, or "eat clean", or "watch what you eat" or "never eat late" or any such nonsense.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I second the others saying you're eating more than you think. Buy a food scale scale use it to track your food intake if you don't have it, and eat the calories suggested by mfp.

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Two issues:
    1. Less what? Less times per day, less volume, less calories?
    2. Less than what? Than before, than last week, than the calories you burn?

The correct answer to lose weight to the first question is calories and to the second - than you burn.

Get a food scale if you don't have one and start logging your food here. Eat your allowance and be patient. Very patient.