Trying to get back at it but feeling really down

Options
I’ve used MyFitnessPal pal succesfully before and lost a bunch of weight. But then I got married and got complacent and kept telling myself I’d get back at it tomorrow. Well that day has finally come. I think I’ve hit rock bottom. I found a stretch mark (I think) in my neck which is just a manifestation of how I’ve felt about myself for awhile now. I’m sorry for the rant. I just feel really sad right now. I can’t believe I’ve put myself in this position. Not sure if anyone else feels this way but if they do it would be great to have someone help me be accountable. Or just some encouragement on this. Thanks :-)

Replies

• valerie0021
    valerie0021 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You got it! Small steps and a positive attitude.
  • evagarth
    evagarth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, I feel much the same. I have let weight come back on and am now struggling to loose it again. It will happen.
  • RecRunnerInMA
    RecRunnerInMA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much appreciated. Trying to take the negative energy and use it as determination to get healthy again. It’s really hard because my husband is naturally skinny. Like he can eat anything and it doesn’t matter.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    If it cheers you up any, I'm kind of doubting it's a stretch mark, since you say, "I think," like you've never seen one anywhere else on your body? I think someone who has stretch marks on the neck would have gotten them other places first. Of course, everybody's body is different, and if your neck is the place you carry most of your excess weight, I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, I think sometimes it takes hitting a point where your weight makes you feel really bad in some way (in my case, it was fear, because I had a near-diabetic result on a blood sugar test, and I've known people who've lost limbs and vision to diabetes, so it really scared me) to motivate you to do what's necessary to change things.

Best of luck.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    The past is the past. You can't change it. You have today, and you have a choices of what you will do with today, with your movements, with your food, with whatever you want. Do what You want for You today.
    Repeat tomorrow. :)
    You Are healthier... every day you choose to be. there's your positive energy. You're not trying to "go back to the weight I was" or back to anything.... forward thinking!

Welcome back!