new to MFP but not to weight loss efforts

Options
Hello Everyone, I stumbled across this site today as I was looking for the calorie count of my lunch and I could not believe how many useful areas there are on here so I joined. As for me I am a first time user, long time loser as they would say. I have been on WW and lost 80 lbs, have been to curves and lost 50 lbs so I am really good at losing weight but I suck at maintaining it so I am unfortunately back to where I started and needing to "get back on the wagon."

I am a person that really needs support and accountability to keep me motivated and honest so I am hoping that MFP and the blogs, tools and board will accomplisth this for me.

Goal: lose 80 lbs

Thanks for listening!
Jen

Replies

• aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it'slly been working for me!! There are definately useful tools on the website. I hope I can get to the point of maintaining my weight--it's all about the portions and the exercise. Good Luck my friend!!! We're all in this boat!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Make some friends and have your diary open to them
  • aparks1177
    Options
    Welcome Jen, I love this site. Logging my food daily really helps. I feel like I'm held accountable by that. I have also been to weight watchers and curves, but I just could not get back on the band wagin until I came across this site. I've also had to realize that this will have to be a lifestyle change not just a diet. Good luck on your journey!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm sure my story is not unlike everyone else's. Up & down. I lost 44# last year, but have gained about 24# of it back due to health problems. Today is the first day that I'm back on the wagon & really like this site. Daily food logs definitely help keep me on track. I also like the count down of calories as you go through the day so you know what you have to work with. Wt loss goal: 40#.
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    He we have a group that has fun competition. We motivate and try to encourage. Check us out and if you like invite me as a friend. If not I wish you a lot of luck.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bomomar
  • Jensworld1
    Jensworld1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support!