A bit of HELP here please...

Options
Anamargonz
Anamargonz Posts: 35 Member
edited February 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi!
I started back in the gym in August last year after giving birth. I was doing weight lifting but different muscle groups and I lost 18kg which is what I wanted. I am currently 60kg .
Now... I want to tone bum and core and lose cellulite. I have changed my daily calories to maintenance and it seems that I still lose cm but i dont see that i am getting more toned...
I am currently doing full body training with heavy weight and nearly no cardio, just a bit to warm up. Fat percent is 21.5%
How could I achieve my goals? I want to get my beach body by summer.
I am eating 1720kcal a day 45%proteins 30%carbs and 25%fats. I must say that i struggle to hit my daily protein intake.
Any advice welcome guys!!
Thanks

kfaylq7wj3gm.jpg

This is me now, not quite there yet i am missing some fat loss and toner bum
I must say that is flexing a bit and the miracle light I got in the picture. I have my rolls when i seat

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why those macros?

How tall are you?
  • Anamargonz
    Options
    those macros because I have been told by a trainer to have them...
    I am 1,68 m
  • robertperdue10
    robertperdue10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    High reps will help with toning. Your diet seems fine.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In order to get more definition, you want to lose the fat covering your muscles - this will typically be done by eating at a calorie deficit and doing resistance training to maintain the muscle there. At this point since you are already very lean and at a good weight for your height, you can maintain your weight to lose fat and build muscle at the same time (recomp). It is a fairly slow progress so patience is key. So eat at maintenance and lift (make sure you are progressing over time).

Your protein goal is unnecessarily high which is probably why you are having issues hitting it.. as long as you are getting 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight/lean body mass that is more than enough.
  • Anamargonz
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    In order to get more definition, you want to lose the fat covering your muscles - this will typically be done by eating at a calorie deficit and doing resistance training to maintain the muscle there. At this point since you are already very lean and at a good weight for your height, you can maintain your weight to lose fat and build muscle at the same time (recomp). It is a fairly slow progress so patience is key. So eat at maintenance and lift (make sure you are progressing over time).

Your protein goal is unnecessarily high which is probably why you are having issues hitting it.. as long as you are getting 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight/lean body mass that is more than enough.

So what should my macros be for carbs and fats if I reduce proteins to 1g per lb?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Anamargonz wrote: »

So what should my macros be for carbs and fats if I reduce proteins to 1g per lb?

I would aim for fats to be 0.35 to 0.6g per lb bodyweight and fill the rest with carbs. Also 1720 cals may or may not be maintenance for you, (did your trainer give you that for maintaining or losing?) You can start there and see what your weight does. Keep in mind your weight may jump as a result of water weight when you go from deficit to maintenance though so give it time before you make any changes.
  • Anamargonz
    Options
    Anamargonz wrote: »

I would aim for fats to be 0.35 to 0.6g per lb bodyweight and fill the rest with carbs. Also 1720 cals may or may not be maintenance for you, (did your trainer give you that for maintaining or losing?) You can start there and see what your weight does. Keep in mind your weight may jump as a result of water weight when you go from deficit to maintenance though so give it time before you make any changes.

I dont have a trainer. It is a trainer from the gym I go who gave me some advice....
    my.maintenance is according to MFP. I will change my macros and see what happens... I didnt put weight on since I changed to maintenance two weeks ago which is good.

Thanks for ur help