Help! Sushi Restaurant Confusion

I’m eating dinner here tonight:

http://www.intherawsushi.com/onthehill.htm

I would like to keep my meal under 500 calories but I can’t find the nutrition info.

What would be the best route to take here??

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    I would go to your diary and plug in sushi in the search and look for something that can be just as close.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    What I've done for sushi in the past is look up various options in MFP and find one that seems to be somewhere in the middle. I usually budget 50 calories per piece and treat it as a once-in-a-while treat - don't sweat it too much. Enjoy your dinner!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    find something similar in the database and guestimate as best you can...it's only one meal, so don't sweat it.
  • dangernene
    dangernene Posts: 30 Member
    If it helps, I quite often have a box from another sushi place which contains the following:

2 x tuna nigiri
    3 x salmon nigiri
    3 x salmon rolls
    3 x crab rolls
    2 x salmon sashimi
    soy + wasabi

Comes to 536 calories.
  • HowUdish
    HowUdish Posts: 36 Member
    Finding out the exact calories of meals when eating out is tough if I can't find it on the MyFitnessPal app. I usually will either rely on going through a dish and breaking it down to the ingredients or using another app to assist me in finding the best match for the food I'm eating. If that fails I usually just compare it to similar dishes at other restaurant while there may be some differences, it is usually pretty similar.
  • hometeamwins
    hometeamwins Posts: 6 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I would go to your diary and plug in sushi in the search and look for something that can be just as close.

This is probably the best route to take, also I appreciate the reminder to not sweat it. I appreciate all the replies. I’m going to stop obsessing about it now
  • Ebony_Kitty
    Ebony_Kitty Posts: 41 Member
    I don’t get cream cheese or anything tempura and usually estimate 350 for a tuna or salmon avocado roll and about 450 for something like a rainbow roll or caterpillar roll (or similar). I eat it with some miso soup and seaweed salad. I estimate usually 50 for the soup. Seaweed salad, about 250 depending on how big it is. So I would say a roll, soup, and share a seaweed salad.