Dumbest thing you've ever done!?!

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Helllll this ain't even close to the dumbest but I'll share it as I'll need to warm up to y'all before I go into my playbook of stupid.

I use to do shipboard installs and I was the lead for working aloft or for y’all landlubber’s (i.e. non-nautical types) working on the ships mast.
    Well one of my co-works and good friend was leery about heights but he really wanted to climb. So one day I talked him into going aloft with me for an easy job. Reluctantly he did.
    When we got to the top he was shaky and I told him look at the horizon and not down at the steel deck 200 feet below you and just relax and breath. Once he did that he did relax and he saw how majestic it was to be so high.
    We were both practical jokers always F’n with one-another, so I thought I’d have a little fun.
    Now keep in mind we wear a safety harness that has two lanyards that at least one keep us attached at to safety rails all times.
    So here’s the stupid part that I almost immediately regretted doing. I was out on the yardarm and started towards him, I acted as if I had tripped and jumped off the yard arm. I had hung off the yard arms before and knew that I was going to be safe. But Glenn had no F’n clue. He let out this scream like a little school girl and then fainted. He busted his head open and required stiches (this would not be the last time he’d need stiches due to my Tomfoolery ).
    I had to stop his bleeding and then pretty much carry him down. He was so f’n pissed at me. Nothing a few beers didn’t resolve. Of course almost immediately he wanted to try and pull the prank on another co-worker.
  • joannabanana1986
    joannabanana1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Couldn't get pepper out of the shaker so whilst frying a egg opened the lid and blew on it.
  • BeamingBadass
    BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
    Eloped in Montreal... Later annulled
  • Alisiya__
    Alisiya__ Posts: 80 Member
    Got married
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Ran 7 miles with neuroma on the top of my foot
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Flew through a power line :| while landing my parachute B)
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    edited February 2018
    Fell in love with someone I knew I count have. Even though we both felt the same for each other.
  • Phalina1983
    Phalina1983 Posts: 3 Member
    This just happened on the weekend! Cashed a cheque for a stranger not realizing cheques take time to clear... Lesson learned the hard way!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    This just happened on the weekend! Cashed a cheque for a stranger not realizing cheques take time to clear... Lesson learned the hard way!

Not sure what you mean by this? You cashed a check as in you gave money to a stranger for a check they gave you? If so, that sucks.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    My ex
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Buying our second vehicle... never buy a vehicle brand new. Just don't do it.
  • cee134
    I’ve done a lot of dumb things. But one I really wish I could go back in time for is Juilliard. I got accepted and I didn’t go because my boyfriend at the time didn’t want me too. I couldn’t see past my love for him. I was a naive girl, who thought she was going to marry him one day. lol.

I'm sorry. Have you considered going back?
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    I want to say getting married, but honestly everything happens for a reason. Going through that experience changed me. To regret anything from my past would mean I wouldn't be the same person I am today.
  • miss_boof
    miss_boof Posts: 45 Member
    I, 100%, ran over a friend with my car by accident when we were teenagers. My car was full, she was in the backseat with 2 other people, we were in a parking lot driving by people, and the guy in the middle jokingly opened the door and pushed her out. People started yelling, inside and outside the car, and I hit the gas and went about 20 feet before stopping.... I ran over her right leg with my tire... she was fine, but I really thought I was going to jail.
  • cee134
    miss_boof wrote: »
    I, 100%, ran over a friend with my car by accident when we were teenagers. My car was full, she was in the backseat with 2 other people, we were in a parking lot driving by people, and the guy in the middle jokingly opened the door and pushed her out. People started yelling, inside and outside the car, and I hit the gas and went about 20 feet before stopping.... I ran over her right leg with my tire... she was fine, but I really thought I was going to jail.

Ahh.... the classic push-someone-out-of-a-moving-car gag.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Posted work stuff on FB and got caught.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    i stole my moms cc to book a trip to michigan (I’m from jersey) to meet up with a guy I met on a cruise who I thought was the love of my life. obviously insane haha

I was 16 and landed myself on the national runaway list. Forgot to mention I also used her card to book a car service to take me to the airport
  • Phalina1983
    Phalina1983 Posts: 3 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean by this? You cashed a check as in you gave money to a stranger for a check they gave you? If so, that sucks.

Yeah that's what happened. Silly mistake.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    I once tried to bend a 8" nail over that was poking out of a lump of wood with my foot (to save anyone else standing on it).....but it went straight through my own foot!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    I refuse to answer this on the grounds that I might try and improve my record. :D:D:D
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Stole some dynamite and hid it in the woods (I was 7 yo and didn't want my wood turned into a large residential area). The building company got into some problems for not securing their storage over the weekend though...