Peas or corn?

13»

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    Being born and raised in Iowa I have to say CORN!

When I was stationed in Germany I remember being surprised when I was told “only animals are fed corn!” LOL

Any Europeans care to comment?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I formerly thought that I should refrain from corn and peas on my weight loss efforts. I have since decided that it was not necessary at all to limit any of the good foods, and both are certainly good.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    It really depends. A nice sweet ear of corn in summer...mmmm. Tonight, though we're having roast chicken with mashed potatoes. I prefer peas with mashed potatoes. So, um, we're having peas.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I like them both, but if I'm having to pick one, corn all the way. Until they find a way to air pop peas, they don't stand a chance against corn
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Both together - always.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Corn all the way. But I'm not a picky eater, so wouldn't refuse to eat peas.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited February 2018
    Peas. Well, then Corn. But as long as the corn is homegrown fresh off the cob dripping in salted butter. Then its peas again.

(btw, I think dripping in butter goes for the popped kind, too hehe)
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Corn chips and guacamole :p So Team Corn Poopie here.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Neither while on diet

False.

Peas are good for protein and corn is just good.
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Corn, because even when corn is just okay it's still good. Peas always have to be on point otherwise I will not eat them.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    My favorite is peas-unless it is summer time. I stop and buy fresh corn at least once a week. Nothing like corn on the cob picked fresh that morning!! (with real butter, a bit of salt and pepper)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    FROZEN MINT PEAS!!!!!!!!!

bldlupap46ae.png

Get out of here with your corn loving propaganda