50 Plus - Full Time Stressful Job - need to loose 50 pounds Mom and Wife - Anyone Else Like Me??

Options
Looking for folks in the same situation I am to support each other. I work full time plus in a stressful job, am 56, need to loose about 50 pounds, several health issues and wife/mother.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,858 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    How are you doing. I am 53 and struggling with weight loss. I recently had foot surgery that did not work. I am in a lot of pain and walking is even painful. My dr. has applied to put shots into my foot while I am sedated.
  • donnamcg0425
    donnamcg0425 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my situation is similar. Wife/ Mom & 51 years old. Work part time, need to lose 50 pounds. I’ve tried so many diets. The most I’ve lost is 25 pounds. I put 10 back so have the original 15 still off. I love to snack & eat large quantities & love bread. When I eat low carb that’s when I lose weight but I can’t keep this going for the ‘long haul’. Does this sound like you? If yes, would love to know what has worked for you.
  • DulcimerRick
    DulcimerRick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Although I'm not a mom, my situation is similar, also. Please feel free to add as a friend!
  • jjlowrey
    jjlowrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I identify. I'm about to be 50, a wife and mother, and helping to care for a loved one in hospice care. I work full time (from home, with fairly frequent travel). I have more than 50 pounds to lose and have just started a fitness challenge at work.
  • fatorphat
    fatorphat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I am definitely over 50 and need to lose more than 50 lbs. My children and now adults and they have never seen me any other way than fat!!! I hope to change that this year.
  • fatorphat
    fatorphat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good Morning hope everyone is doing well on the fine Saturday morning
  • sueben04
    sueben04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just turned 55 and have about 60 lbs to lose. I've been doing good and would love to have friends to get and give support...feel free to add me
  • Greg580
    Greg580 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will be 56 in May. Feel free to add me too. I too work in a high stress job, which demands being on call at night. I can relate!
  • kellydillard5
    kellydillard5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also 50 and have about 75 pounds to lose. We own a business, where I work at full time. And it is very stressful!! I really been struggling to lose weight.
  • Darlaj45
    Darlaj45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly!
    Yes 50 to loose and I also work full-time, which has been quite stressful lately😑 and I am a big time stress eater... crackers.. chips... are my downfall...
    BUT I have decided that it is past time that I started looking after myself. I have 2 active grandchildren and one more on the way!! Love them to pieces and want to be more active with them!