Teetering at the edge of the wagon

Options
So earlier this week, I ate a small amount of cake; yesterday, I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't go to the gym. I also wanted some won ton soup because I like that when I'm sick, but I also got a dish with vegetables, chicken, shrimp, and fried rice, and I had maybe a cup of fried rice. I know this doesn't sound like much, and it isn't, but in the past I've been able to stick with diets for 1-2 weeks before kind of giving up and eating what I want, and I don't want to do that this time. I want to keep exercising and eating healthily and losing weight. So I'm trying to take steps to just get back on the "wagon" and start eating healthily and picking up where I left off. I gave my Chinese food leftovers to my boyfriend and I logged my food from both this morning and yesterday evening. I'm hoping to have lost 1 lb from last week - this would put me at 152.5 lbs. Even if I only end up losing half a pound, I want to try to remember not to hold on too tightly to what I feel my success should look like. Anyway, I guess I am hoping that just writing this and sharing it will help me continue on my journey instead of giving up. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just my opinion but I firmly believe this. I can tell you exactly what success looks like at the end of the week. It looks like a 7 day completed food diary. It’s the only thing in weight loss you can actually control.

As long as you keep tracking, you’re doing your program. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • RecRunnerInMA
    RecRunnerInMA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’ve had history of doing that. Go a couple of weeks eating perfectly, have one slip up and then let it keep going until I realize it’s unsustainable and try again. I think what I’ve realized this time is that one meal isn’t a lifestyle and that doesn’t have to be what determines my long term progress. Just get back on track and take it one meal at a time. You can do it.
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This sounds like my story. Each time I “fail” I beat myself up take a couple weeks off then start over. I’ve quit looking at my life as a new start date. This time I told myself that this is my new normal. It’s normal to eat well and exercise but it’s also normal to have the odd bad day.

What’s not normal is continuing to eat too much and not exercise because I wasn’t perfect one day. I’m working on not treating myself like a punching bag.

C’mon girl! You can do this!!
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your thoughts and support :smile: