Things you think of while exercising

Options
13»

Replies

• Kissah
    Kissah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think about my boxer dog thats running with me and the little dogs that will chase us. I think I should share the rest of my water bottle with him. "He ends up drinking all of it because he licked it... and about the people that make me angry what I would like to tell them but running is my time to escape.
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    6) If I slow down/speed up a little, my steps can match the beats of this song.

^ I spend a majority of my workout thinking this!
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Man 2NE1 Rocks --> (after realizing that I'm burning less than 10 calories a minute) *kitten*, need to amp it up ---> Think of Mrs. Pac man eating all the fat -->The only difference between Mrs. Pac man and regular Pac man is a bow -- > Reminds me of Pizza --> If I stay on longer I can have one -- > Man I'm Hungry... --> SNAP OUT OF IT ---> Think of Alexander Skarsgard... That usually keeps me happy till the end of my work out :D
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do some kind of cardio every day and I pray. I also look around with admiration at all the others at the gym who made time to come and workout. I never used to make that attempt but I have a new found respect for everyone who takes time out of their day to work out.
  • cynthiaclark1000
    cynthiaclark1000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Things I think about while riding my bike....

1. Whatever Backstreet Boy's song is playing on my Pandora (Yes, I'm still very much a 13 year old when it comes to my music taste :laugh: )
    2. Planning my 10 year wedding renewal as I never had a wedding, we got married at the JP. (6 Years in October :heart: )
    3. What it will feel like to actually put on a wedding dress
    4. The major interview that i have coming up on Thursday that will give me a HUGE pay increase!!!!
    5. I need to go faster

That is all :smile:
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    "only five more minutes on this treadmill. Only 4 more minutes on this treadmill. Only 3 more minutes on this treadmill....."

I hate cardio with a passion.

I think the same thing. Plus, I have big boobs so it hurts them. I'd prefer NOT to run...speed walking at an incline is much better or the eliptical set with resistance. Haha. But I still count how many minutes are left.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Hmmmm...

-Its hot
    -admiring the runners on the track
    -how will I look at a smaller size
    -school
    -new walking shoes
    -one more mile to go
    -its just too hot
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Skaters have alot of time to think. We think about our workout, the moves, our routine. We think about the moment, what we wil practice in the next two minutes, next 10 minutes, today, tomorrow, and next month, and the next month. When doing a move, we think about the coache's tip. Many times, we admire or critique other skaters - trying to learn what they are doing right and wrong.

I'm never cold while skating. But, my feet hurt (go numb) sometimes. Then, I think about that. If it's too bad, I stop and adjust the old skates. If that doesn't work, I just skate through the pain.

When I've learned a move, really learned it, I don't think anymore. I skate "dumb". I allow my body to take over, to do it. I then feel the pure joy of skating.

Tomorrow is Yoga. I will skate on Wendesday, lord willing.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Usually "One more.. one more.." and "Hope I don't *kitten* my britches again.."
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I think about how much it sucks, or how funny I look when I dance, or how no sports bra in the world is gunna keep my boobies still.

And that Dub FX is a god.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am doing a version of the C25K right now.
    Today I thought about:
    * Oh crap, it's almost time to run
    * Dude, I almost fell
    * Stupid dogs
    * I wish those teens would stop staring at me
    * (passing the ice cream shop) ooohhhhhh
    * Ow, my shins hurt, really need new shoes
    * Oh look, there's my daughter (walking to her friends house)
    * Oh lawd, I'm almost home

That was my 30 minutes.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think about how much it sucks, or how funny I look when I dance, or how no sports bra in the world is gunna keep my boobies still.

And that Dub FX is a god.

Bow chica wow wow....
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Today is a day off of running...so I rode my bike and did my upper body circuits( I just bring my weights outside)...in the rain no less...but when I ride my bike I like to ride through a few different cemetaries...they are shady, have good hills, and I don't have to worry about traffic...I was thinking about "what do I think about" and ironically a Song came on...forget the title but the guy wants to go to heaven but not today...I giggled as the only other people around me were the buried...found the song to play at an ironic time and it made me giggle. I also thought how much better it is to workout outsdie...you can belt out tunes and burp if you need to and no one needs to no it.