Finally got to a gym.

Options
Hadn't been in a gym since high school basketball in the 60's. I've lost 40 lbs. with 60 more to go and felt like I was losing strength, not that I had that much to lose. So been meaning to start working out for a while, even joined Planet Fitness in December. Used foot problems and weather to excuse procrastination. Finally showed up Tuesday and talked to the trainer, a reserved and soft-spoken gentleman giant. He made up a program for me to follow using mostly machines for cardio and strengthening legs, arms & back, and chest & shoulders. Went back Wed., Thurs. and Fri. for the first round at each. So far I couldn't be happier with the arrangement. I know Planet Fitness isn't for everybody but it seems to suit me pretty well. Looking forward to starting round two Monday.

Oh, when I got home I looked up that trainer. He was a defensive lineman with a 13 year NFL career, 6 pro-bowls, and a Super Bowl. A genuine hero in the city he played in for 11 years.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nice! What a find and lucky you!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good luck!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You're lucky to have found a trainer that actually has some credentials behind him and knows about training hard. Take advantage of it and follow his advice and program to a T, and you'll bound to show results by summer. Good luck to you!
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Very cool discovery! Enjoy the journey.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    great work. pf mber here too.