Shedding for the weddding! Need friends and motivation

Options
I am getting married on Sept 1st 2012, and I figure if I wont loose weight for my own wedding I never will. So here I am trying to loose 100lbs in a year. Only on week 3 but getting really bored with the foods I am choosing and could use some friends and support. If you have any tips to help .. I feel like I'm slow going with the weight loss trying not to get discouraged.

Replies

• chefswife67
    Options
    You can add me if you like...:smile:
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • jtcleveland
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can add me...I'm trying to lose baby weight for vacation next summer!!! :glasses:
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there!

I know that it can seem discouraging, but don't give up. I started keeping an online journal last year and fell off. I would like to lose weight too, but I am more concerned with health overall.

I will be glad to be a myfitpal bud. I just joined yesterday.

What are you eating?
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    add as many people as you can and take a look at their diaries. Some people eat some great foods! People on this site are amazing and I hope you find a few friends along the way to make eating more fun! ~Corina
  • klnguyen80
    Options
    Add me if you'd like to...I'm getting married on July 21, 2012. Need the motivation and support as well!
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! Good luck to the weight loss as well. You can add me as a friend if you want. I'll be more than happy to support you every step of the way (:
  • joinycole
    joinycole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi if its any motivation for you then you can add me....I need some motivation as well.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you! I'm new here too and don't have many friends yet.
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    I am always looking for diet buddies... anyone out there that wants to share support and motivation, feel free to send me a friend request!!!

Happy Monday! :glasses:
  • kristin1007
    kristin1007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too could use some motivation, I feel totally lost and uninspired. I am getting married June 9th, 2012 and want to lose 50 before my wedding day but at the rate i'm going I will be lucky to lose 5lbs. Add me add me we can chat and do it together.
  • lraepa
    lraepa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    congrats on your up comming marriage. there are a lot of recipies available on line and with the eat this not that helps to subsititute low cal high fiber foods.
  • treymac
    treymac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the Congrats and Add's! I think its always good if you have some people to help keep you motivated when you fall off track. :)
  • treymac
    treymac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kristin1007
    Joined Mar 2011
    Mon 08/08/11 05:42 PMI too could use some motivation, I feel totally lost and uninspired. I am getting married June 9th, 2012 and want to lose 50 before my wedding day but at the rate i'm going I will be lucky to lose 5lbs. Add me add me we can chat and do it together.

Congrats!! I know I get discouraged easily I can see weight loss or stay the same.. but then think it was enough for the amount of work I did and I get off track. Hope we can motivate each other to look beautiful and feel great on our big days:)
  • paul1166
    paul1166 Posts: 16
    Options
    try diet chef hun i am just starting it i am trying to lose 100 kilos
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I look for recipes of foods that I like but are tweaked to make them healthier( weight loss friendly). Not a plug just a book that I have used a lot because there are a lot of dishes that I like and had good outcome. Cook yourself thin faster book ( they also have some posted on posted on mylifetime.com) is good. I also plan on trying the heart association cookbook to see how tasty or not those recipes are. What I have discovered is that low sodium and sugar equals greater weight loss...plus if food is healthier for heart then that is even better. I am also going to check out some of the diabetic ones as well. Be open to food variety and workout and you will have a fabulous weeding day figure. Congratulations and best wishes!