Replies

• ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    I got nuffin
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    DW (of 49 years!) gave me a VD card signed “Your Sneaky Wife”

The week before VD she scratched a Mercedes on Wednesday night backing out after her Jazzercise class.

She waited til Friday night to inform me. I told her she was “sneaky”. Last Thursday was our 49 wedding anniversary :frowning:

I have a multipurpose & belated gift for you Jim. It's a birthday, anniversary, & Valentine flower for you. Because you are the ultimate rockstar of MFP. :)
    po3d1nhdn6cx.gif

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Haha a stomach virus. But...did have a great meal/evening beforehand

I'll take the nothing I got over a stomach virus, yeesh.
  • mrarmaan
    mrarmaan Posts: 390 Member
    patience :smiley:
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Chocolate covered sin, a beautiful bracelet, some stuffed animals, and some new shoes I’m scared to get dirty. My valentine is a good gift giver.
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    He didn't get me anything. I got him a nice chocolate cake and I didn't even get a thank you.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Hugs from the kids for getting them chocolate.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Sore throat, body aches, and an early bedtime
  • abiskeet
    abiskeet Posts: 36 Member
    I got chocolates and a cheese fondue.... my diet went out the window for a day
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Nothing. Still nursing a broken heart :'(:'(

I know the feeling
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I just want to know when this thread is going to be buried??? Please make it stop *kitten*

No.
  • cowboyclive
    cowboyclive Posts: 37 Member
    @elizarizo Its not nice, but it can be when its good. Don't know if I wanna go through the finding part again tho
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2018
    We don't get too into it. About two weeks before Valentine's Day I got pink white-tipped tulips. My husband made shrimp po'boys and roasted potatoes for lunch for me twice last week including Valentine's Day and we actually went together to a store on Feb. 13 and picked out candy and a card for my mom (she's a single senior who loves Valentine's Day) and while there we bought some candy to share, too. I made him two gag cards that absolutely cracked him up, and went to the donut shop and got us each a donut on Valentine morning.

My mom gave us handmade cards and small boxes of candy, which we already donated to charity because neither of us like the type she chose. hehe

One of my friends received a diamond ring, a custom bass guitar, speaker, amp, and a new bedspread. She bought her husband an equal amount of loot. I'm not jealous at all but I find it super weird...many hundreds of dollars spent on Valentine stuff and they're not wealthy, either. Different strokes for different folks though :smiley:
  • seltzermint555
    The big O

this too of course!
  • seltzermint555
    The big O

this too of course!

Also, I was by myself :D

nothing wrong with that either!