Hi, from Oklahoma City, OK!

Hey everyone! I'm 21, and was cursed with my mother's metabolism and my father's joint problems. I would love to get back down to a healthy weight and BMI. I'm currently 248 lbs. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 150, but in my dream world, I'll get down to 125. I've been told that an ideal weight range for a 5'6", 21 year old woman is 118-140.

This is my first time attempting to lose weight, and I'm having a real struggle with the motivation part, so if anyone is looking to lose as much weight as I am, please let me know, maybe we can encourage each other!

Replies

• Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Hello and welcome! I just moved away from OKC after living there basically my whole life. I don't miss the heat!
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Hah, I just moved here from New York (after living there from the time I was 2). It's a HUGE change, and the heat is killing me. Thankfully we have a gym membership. There is no way I could force myself to go out and run in this heat. It's 7:30 PM right now and 102 degrees. Blegh.

But thank you for the welcome!
  • Hey, im from Oklahoma also!
  • heyydanie
    Oh, more people from Oklahoma! What part are you from?
  • Mcloud its about 30 minutes east of Okc.
  • heyydanie
    Oh, that's not far at all!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    I live near Tulsa, started where you are starting, and want to be where you want to be. Feel free to add me :)
  • started at 286 ideal is around 175 for my height but my goal is 200 i hope you have a positive mindset it really helps. you can add me btw if you need some more ppls in your friend network.