Just had baby trying to loose the baby fat!

Options
:love: Any wise words of advice? Baby is about 7 weeks old. I had gained 37lbs lost about 22lbs so far and I need to loose about 30lbs more to be where I need to. Seems impossible some days and the scale doesn't move....

Replies

• jtcleveland
    Options
    I've heard from my cousin with 2 kids and people I babysit for that breastfeeding helps take off the baby fat, one even said that once she stopped breastfeeding, she was 2 lbs lighter than when she first got pregnant. Other than that I don't know because I haven't had kids! But good luck!
  • pmmarshall
    Options
    Don't rush yourself while bubby is so young. My baby is 6 months and I was so worried about losing the excess that I have now put on more weight and am very rundown also!
    The trick is to stay motivated and don't over do things :)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It's the struggles of being a woman. You started looking too good to your sweet husband~~~pregnancies often follow large amounts of weight loss. ;)
  • jaimeecc
    jaimeecc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since your bubs is now over 6 weeks old (congrats, by the way!) you're allowed to start doing light exercise. Going for a half hour walk every day is a simple way to start. Wait until nap time, strap baby in the stroller, and just walk a couple blocks. Fresh air will do you both some good, just make sure bubs is wrapped up if it's cold where you are. Otherwise I have heard of a woman who lost weight by doing laps around her clothesline in the backyard. Look it up. So just doing some power walking around the house will help. Use whatever you have in the house, you don't need fancy gym equipment. Just the determination.
  • sherciara
    Options
    Hi there, just saw this on the post. I thought, I had to write to her since I know exactly where you are coming from. I had a baby a year ago and a baby who did not sleep!! So, the only thing I could focus on was nutrition. Start with clean eating which is 80% of the movement on the scale..and do some light cardio 20-30mins 3 times a week and build from there
    Remember, You just had a baby 7 weeks ago correct? Don't beat yourself up. Take it day by day. You will get to your goal. I would also do ab exercises every other day or 3 times a week.
    Are you breastfeeding? Yes, I know personal question but if you are then you need to remember you need to add more clean calories for your baby's health and the weight will fall the weight that you want. But, don't cheat yourself from not having enough extra calories for that. Milk does not come in when not enough calorie supply - I learned the hard way.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I found that doing small workouts (20-25 min/day) really helped to get the stamina back. The early weeks are hard when you're up at night and maybe breastfeeding (that burns a ton!). I'd say don't worry a ton about your calories if you're nursing, because you want your babe to have the "cream of the crop", so eat healthy foods to appetite - but work out when energy allows. My youngest is 15 mos and I've been doing the Shred religiously and lost all the weight, and additional inches. Slimmer and trimmer than ever. Take care of yourself & enjoy your baby, you have the rest of your life to be a lean machine :)
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Also, I didn't start workout out too hardcore until DS2 was weaned. Burning more than 200+ calories a day in exercise really affected my supply :( Watch your diet, eat WELL. The Shred is your friend! :)
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old baby, and as of last week I am officially at my pre-pregnancy weight (which is still 17 lbs. over the highest healthy weight for my height). It takes some time to lose that weight! My advice is to take your time. Don't be in a rush to look like you did before; enjoy a beer now and then, eat some sushi, go on a rollercoaster! Just enjoy not being prego anymore, and make good food and exercise choices MOST of the time :o)
  • kbilly06
    Options
    Are you nursing? If so, don't stop! Your body burns so many calories producing breast milk. Add some cardio and you have a high calorie burning day.