Way over today!

Options
Today has been one of my most "way over" days in a while. And I just have to get it off my chest and this seems like a good place to do it!

To start off my morning, my daughter had an eye doctor appointment and the appointment was at 9:30 a.m. . . we did not get seen until after 11:30 a.m. How does that s*** happen??!! Seriously, we were probably his second appointment of the day. UGH I missed more than half my work day when all was said and done.

To top it all off, my daughter (17 years old) was in a rotten, crabby mood and it really wore off on me quickly. We've hardly spoken two words to each other the rest of the day . . but I had to work until almost 7 tonight and she worked too, so I guess it's good in a way that we haven't had to see each other for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly . . but she is a bull headed kid sometimes.

So, guess what I did? I ate and ate - then ate some more. All day long at work, I snacked . . well, maybe the correct word would be "binged". It's the way I used to cope with daily stressors - by binge eating. Today, I found myself back in that old familiar habit and yet, it wasn't satisfying. And I defintely wasn't hungry. It didn't make me feel "better" and it didn't solve anything.

I got home later than normal - my daughter was still at work. I thought, maybe I should just skip the gym and go to bed and forget about today. That's what I would have done in the past. But I decided NO - if ever there was an important day to go to the gym and work out some of my angst, today was it. So I did - I worked out hard core for the better part of an hour. And now, thank god I am no longer hungry. Just tired and strangely relieved.

I forgive myself for going "way over" today. It doesn't make me a bad person nor am I ashamed. It just happened and I am being honest about it. Tomorrow is a new day. I think I learned a lot about myself today . . probably more than all my successes put together.

Replies

• biggshines
    biggshines Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You have a good attitude. Tomorrow is a new day....just start over anew tomorrow and keep on going. I struggle with that. When I mess up, I feel like I've just blown the whole thing and might as well just give up on the whole thing. I need to keep reminding myself that if I mess up, start over tomorrow (it's not an excuse to mess up, just a way to start over tomorrow and not to give up altogether).

I hope you and your daughter work things out soon!!! And, I totally understand about the doctor!!! I hate it when that happens...or I get there and they cancel!!! Arghhhhhhhhh.....

Hope you get some rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow....
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    everyonee has those dayss in a while, it sucks seeing those negative calories but we all need them sometimes so you dont fall completely off trackk... im proud that you decided to turn it around and goiing to the gym to work some of it off :) tomorrow is another day & will be better !!
  • SWgal
    SWgal Posts: 62
    Options
    Focus on the positive:

YOU WENT TO THE GYM!

Nice way to cope with stress!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Great attitude! Leave today in the past and start over tomorrow. Just keep in mind next time you are frustrated that eating and eating will not solve anything or make you feel any better. Food is an enemy! ;)
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you did the right thing by going to the gym and i'm glad you're not beating yourself up about it...that would only make you feel worse!!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Great way to handle the stress with a workout! Awesome! Tomorrow is a brand new day! Being honest is go and then moving on is even better! :smile:
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Hey -- you've got a level head on your shoulders and you're in a good place, ready to own your sucky day and not duplicate it tomorrow. I had a terrible day too, and have had several weeks of being HUNGRY day after day, and this evening I ate everything in sight. Absolutely awful. I'm back on the wagon tomorrow with you. It's water under the bridge. It didn't help anything, did it? Let's move on. :flowerforyou:
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's ok to fall off the horse once in a while. Dust yourself off and get back on. Progress is made not by having a perfect record but by have a record that shows improvement. Forgive yourself, prevent situations that facilitate failure, do better next time.

Good luck. :)
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You WIN ... and on so many levels. :)
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and just let the law of averages be your guide.
    One day does not a disaster make.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    That's the good thing about life in general. Tomorrow is a new day.....a new chapter to your own personal book! You can write it any way you want to. So you had a bad day. So what? Everyone does. But tomorrow, make it a good day and make it count for all it's worth. Just to make you feel better, my husband got hurt pretty bad in a accident. During that "3 bad months" I binged like a wild animal and gained 16 pounds! Nothing felt good except to eat ice cream, and A LOT of it!! But guess what, I am the author of my book, and my next chapter said that I would lose a bunch of that weight, and I did! You are in control. You can do it. And don't beat yourself up too much. Be proud of yourself for recognizing what you are doing it, and what you are doing to correct it. Good luck! LISA =)
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The most important thing you can do tonight is be friends w/your daughter!! The diet will be better when you are good close friends again! Seriously, I have 5 kids and they are my best friends, don't put your diet stress on those young shoulders!! You have a new day tomorrow, start fresh with a hug for her...I promise you will be HAPPY and Healthy!! good luck..
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    That's a great attitude! Good job for not dwelling on going over -- it happens to the best of us from time to time. Best of luck for tomorrow :)
  • lraepa
    lraepa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how great you are able to face the oops and you did something different than just go to bed. I don't go to a gym but I find if I can get out and walk at lunch I sure am able to put up the the stuff and not nice people at work. Keep up the great work. Your daughter will learn to appreciate you when she turn about 30.