Over 50 pounds lost-WOOHOO!

Options
I had lost some weight (about 25 lbs) over the past year but I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and started a juice fast. This past 4 weeks I dropped from 335.8 to 308.8. I am SOOOO gonna be under 300 in just a few more days and then...down to 225, my final goal!
1534805.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow...that's alot of weight to drop in a month ! WTG !
  • CWood323
    CWood323 Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Airplanedoc616
    Options
    Good doc. Besides the weight, how did the fast make you feel after a week?
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

It's not really, considering how much more he has to lose. A lot of people lose that much when they're stats are what his are.
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    make sure that you check your doctor to make sure that this is healthy for you. You may lose all the weight but have health problems after, just being concerned! :flowerforyou:

However good job so far!!
  • Oz2011
    Oz2011 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thats Great!, keep it up!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    is juice fasting healthy ?? i mean wont all the weight come back, plus some, like people say happens when that much weight is lost in a short period ? good for you, i hope it continues to work out for you..congrats :drinker: <~~heres my juice..LoL
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    is juice fasting healthy ?? i mean wont all the weight come back, plus some, like people say happens when that much weight is lost in a short period ? good for you, i hope it continues to work out for you..congrats :drinker: <~~heres my juice..LoL

If done correctly. He won't gain anything back. It comes down to will power and desire. Then once you reach your desired goal you have to slowly increase your calories. Cause if you jump right back into eating 2000 or whatever your maintenance calories are you will gain some weight.

But kudos on the work and great job on the weight loss! Keep it up!
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options

It's not really, considering how much more he has to lose. A lot of people lose that much when they're stats are what his are.

Way to be supportive!
  • Klydezilla
    Klydezilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose. The bigger you are, the faster the initial loss is, and being a guy evidently helps at first too. For some reason, guys seem to be able to drop weight faster at first than ladies. As for whether it is healthy, I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes last year. I started my myfitnesspal.com account a week or two after that. I was put on Metformin, 500mg twice a day for diabetes. I went to my doctor last week and I was taken off the meds. I am not diabetic anymore:) When I asked about the juice fasting, he wanted me to make sure I was getting plenty of protein and calcium, which I am from juicing broccoli, spinach, and kale. He said to keep on juicing and loved the results of my weight-loss, blood work, and entire check-up!
    After the fast, reintroducing food has to be slow, so what most everyone said is true. Anyone can regain weight if they return to the lifestyle that gained it in the first place, is my thinking:)
  • kristenherrera
    kristenherrera Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose. The bigger you are, the faster the initial loss is, and being a guy evidently helps at first too. For some reason, guys seem to be able to drop weight faster at first than ladies. As for whether it is healthy, I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes last year. I started my myfitnesspal.com account a week or two after that. I was put on Metformin, 500mg twice a day for diabetes. I went to my doctor last week and I was taken off the meds. I am not diabetic anymore:) When I asked about the juice fasting, he wanted me to make sure I was getting plenty of protein and calcium, which I am from juicing broccoli, spinach, and kale. He said to keep on juicing and loved the results of my weight-loss, blood work, and entire check-up!
    After the fast, reintroducing food has to be slow, so what most everyone said is true. Anyone can regain weight if they return to the lifestyle that gained it in the first place, is my thinking:)

Who thats a fabulous accomplishment right there! To get off all those meds has to be such a relief I bet you are feeling healthier every day congrats :)
  • mmp0001
    mmp0001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!