Shocking!

Options
Just out of curiousity what is something that you ate in the past and sometimes now that you are completely shocked at the calorie content?

For me? well normally when i go to chili's i like to get the turkey sandwich and a salad no fries. that sandwich is 1260 calories. I never even thought twice.
My poor baby girl (and I ) loved to get the texas style cheese fries. 2120 calories.

So if you are wondering what i had, a cup of chicken enchilada soup! She had the chili. I can honestly tell you i have eaten that sandwich a hundred times and never even thought twice about it. SHOCKING! but that was the old boom boom!

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When I first started my journey, I constantly though "Why does food have so many calories?!?!?!" hahaha. :-)
  • pandora81
    Options
    Nachos at montanas! they are like 1400 calories and i would usually have a dessert too (sometimes almost another 1400 calories). *sigh* still sounds delish tho!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I used to get this salad at Quiznos...and it had over 1000 calories!!! I always thought since it was salad it was good for me..but I was wrong! I could have had 2 pieces of pizza instead!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I used to get this salad at Quiznos...and it had over 1000 calories!!! I always thought since it was salad it was good for me..but I was wrong! I could have had 2 pieces of pizza instead!

Pretty similar situation for me. A nice chicken caesar at a mere 940 calories. It was my daily, healthy lunch for MONTHS! lol
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Lots of dine-out things have been that way for me and I wonder how SO MANY calories can get packed into just ONE thing! I mean, seriously! Nachos, cheese fries, sandwiches that LOOK like they should be healthy.

My remedy is to eat half and save half for later. xD Or plan for it otherwise if it is something I really, really want. Like Buffalo Wild Wings. Yum.
  • CelenaOlson
    Options
    This happened to me on Saturday! I had a beef dip with fries, then came home to see the cals. 1540!!!!! I used to eat that once a week!!!
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I used to love to go to quiznos as well and get the flatbread chopped honey mustard chicken salad....sooooo not goos way over a 1000 cals easy!!!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Chili's is the worst! My favorite meal there, the chicken crisper meal, is over 1800 calories!! :sad: When I found that out, I looked at their nutritional info to try to find something I could eat there, but everything is 1000 calories or more.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Chili's QUESADILLA EXPLOSION SALAD--1400 calories. Who knew??
  • dltacderas
    Options
    DQ - Chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard. 950 calories, 36 gms fat, and 143 carbs! That is for a medium! WOW! You can get a 1/2 cup soft serve for 140 calories, 4gms fat, and 22 carbs. Not as large as the blizzard, but it will still satisfy my sweet need!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday's Prime Burger...

910 calories.

I'm still going to get one soon. With a good workout and only eating half of the burger, I'll be good.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Chili's is the worst! My favorite meal there, the chicken crisper meal, is over 1800 calories!! :sad: When I found that out, I looked at their nutritional info to try to find something I could eat there, but everything is 1000 calories or more.

an itty bitty cup of soup was 300 ish. needless to say im still hungry. :sad:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Dunkin Donuts Iced Latte and a pumpkin muffin (a total of almost 900 calories) at LEAST once a week...as a snack....at night.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think the salads are what shocked me the most...oh and some of the chicken entrees are pretty high, even the "healthy" ones:angry:
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    You just HAVE to make yourself consciously aware of every single thing you put in your body. Its truly shocking how many calories are in things we dont even think about!!!! Once you start thinking about it, its kinda hard to stop unless you 'choose' to live with shall we say, blinders, on lol Ah, the good ole days when we were kids and didn't have to think twice!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Chili's QUESADILLA EXPLOSION SALAD--1400 calories. Who knew??

27 points on the weight watchers plan. my gf told me whatever you do DO NOT get the quesadilla explosion salad. lol thats funny
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Everything on the menu at Red Robin! The veggie burger I used to get was over 1,400 calories!! What?!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Yeah, similar situation when I eat out.. Mr.Mikes (Canadian Bar&Grill) has a veggie burger that clocks in at 862 calories without the fries.. the bun is massive though.
    Chicken club (Same massive bun, without the fries) is 1041 calories.
    Their ceasar is 462 calories, which isn't really that bad for a ceasar.

its really a pity cause the chicken club and veggie burger are delicious, but I can have greasy, fried calamari and a ceasar there and only clock in at about 800 calories .. still less than both sandwiches. :(
  • boomboom011
    Options
    I used to have a Dunkin Donuts Iced Latte and a pumpkin muffin (a total of almost 900 calories) at LEAST once a week...as a snack....at night.

ok that made me laugh! not at you but i have had many a snack.... at night like that.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    footlong chili cheese dog at the local Root Beer stand - 750! yipes!