Why the F am I not losing weight?

Options
CurvyPrincess66
CurvyPrincess66 Posts: 84 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 5'5
25 yeas old
calorie goal is 1660 a day I count my calories.
start weight was 330 last February this years start was 310 I need to lose about 150.
Last year I got down to 285 before I fell off the wagon. This year I lost 5 pounds so far but I Feel Like I cant lose weight Like I was mostly because i havnt lost in 2 weeks. I started working out last Monday I do 5 min on stair climber, 5-10 on exerscize bike, and 20-30 on the tredmill at 2.5 - 3.5 speed and sometimes an incline. ( is incline better than flat?) I am making sure to eat at or under my calorie goal. I eat about 95% Veggies and fruit. I'm taking benifiber shape. I was taking vinegar but stopped. I drink green tea but not every day. Im not weighing or measuring everything but I fallow servings as close as I can.

Last year I was Drinking Green tea very day at least 3 cups, I was taking regular benifiber (not shape) I was weighting and measuring everything. I was taking a protein shake, I as doing Circuit Training I was taking a multi vitamin, folic acid and biotin, and I was working out. I ate farm to table 99% of the time and carbs were a big no no.

I had it down last time why is this time so hard. My husband is giving me 100$ this week to get some stuff to help me with my goals and diet. Any recommendations on stuff I should get? Should i be doing everything I was last time? Is there somthing im not doing but should do? Can someone give me advice?

n3gvnnfp6s8b.jpg
q5rswo3wuwlp.jpg

Replies

• CurvyPrincess66
    CurvyPrincess66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    You also had some helpful answers on the other thread you started with this topic. It was titled something like “Am I Doing This Wrong?”

I know. I read those and tryed to edit the post and couldn't.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything with a food scale - they are not expensive, you can get one delivered from Amazon if you don't have time to go out. Make sure you measure liquids as well as solids. Do not use cup measurements!
    Set yourself to sedentary and losing 1lb a week, then make sure you HONESTLY track your exercise calories (don't think you are walking at 4mph because you are hot and tired at the end of your walk, find a measured distance and get to know your average walking speed) and use them. If you are worried you are over-estimating your effort then only use 75%.
    Only weigh yourself once a week. You might also find it useful, as more weight comes off, to measure - as you get fitter and your shape changes, sometimes there is no change on the scale but your measurements have gone down. My weight actually went up at one point which caused major stress til I realised it was because I had leg muscles instead of flab!
    You've done it before, you can do it again, you just need to use CICO accurately.
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You got this! Get a food scale and weigh away!
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of good info already provided. Here's a blog post a wrote a couple of years ago that might also help you...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dorkyfaery/view/reality-denied-comes-back-to-haunt-philip-k-dick-723939
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Definitely a scale.

Also, Benifiber? Do you need it? How much fiber are you getting from food? I over did it on the fiber supplement for about 6 weeks once. I was so bloated by the time I realised I was totally over doing it and had been getting enough soluble fiber from veggies anyway. It went as soon as the benifiber did.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    The biggest advice I can give you is keep at it. Get a food scale and start weighing all your foods and log it before you eat. No need for any certain teas to lose weight - just eat within your calorie goal to lose 1-2lbs per week. Be patient. Starting exercise can also cause your body to hold onto water weight to repair muscles.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are logging everything. Be honest with yourself and you will find the problem. Log even a few bites of something here and there. It all adds up and then your deficit is gone. Also some people post they haven’t lost weight and then after asking more questions they reveal they have a cheat day or cheat meal once a week. You can’t do that every week and expect to continue to lose weight. That “cheat” can wipe away your deficit for the week. It’s all calories in, calories out.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    To add to the posters above, I can say two things:
    1. be careful of hidden calories. For instance, if you use some oil to sautee some veggies, make sure to include the whole serving of oil in your calculation. Even though there is some runoff, or left in the pan, most will be absorbed by the food.
    2. You can get a fitbit or a tracking device, if you don't already have one. My fitbit charge 2 is freakin' awesome, though you might need to ask the hubby for a few more dollars. It can help establish your base scientifically instead of a computer guessing game, assuming the device is accurate in it's measurement.

Weight loss starts in the kitchen, but you need to know how much your body uses energy throughout the day. Types of exercises are irrelevant in this equation.

You are doing great!!
    Hasta luego!