Anyone on Low FODMAP diet?

Options
I was advised to do the low fodmap diet by my dietician and gastroenterologist. It’s working well but I find it difficult to be creative with cooking and would love suggestions or to hear from other people who have used low fodmap??

Replies

• camilledaisy
    camilledaisy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the total restriction now. It has helped me so much however I do find eating rather boring. Every time I decide to branch out I end up feeling sick, so I stick to the same boring diet. However there are several low fodmap diet blogs you can find them by googling. Hope this helps.
  • jog1111
    jog1111 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband is on the low FODMAP diet so I have been experimenting in the kitchen. Lately I’ve been making my own veggie broth and then making enchilada sauce with that. He eats that on chicken all the time, as well as in enchiladas. I make eggs a lot. We also have been trying new-to-us veggies like kohlrabi. The FODMAP app has been really helpful with a rating system for what’s low FODMAP and what’s not.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Following. I think I need to do this.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I’m not but I should be.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Following. I think I need to do this.
    Please do it with the guidance of a medical professional.
  • EMNxx
    EMNxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the total restriction now. It has helped me so much however I do find eating rather boring. Every time I decide to branch out I end up feeling sick, so I stick to the same boring diet. However there are several low fodmap diet blogs you can find them by googling. Hope this helps.

Thank you :)
    I have done the eliminate phase and so many of the foods affected me that my diet is still quite limited!
    I do follow lots of blogs and the ever emerging research, it has helped me so much but it does get very bland! The app was amazing though!! Glad to hear there are others in the same boat!!