Always halfway there

Once again I have hit the halfway mark of my weight loss journey but, I have to find a way to go the distance. I think I let my success get to my head and start to slip. How do I find the motivation to hit my goal of 170lbs. I may need someone to truly hold me accountable!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Your motivation is what you want. You want to keep losing weight, but you also don't want to keep working for it. So what do you want most? You're only truly accountable to yourself.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yep, I'm there right now as well and have been at this point a couple times within the last 3 years. For me, I am taking a much slower pace than the past in hopes I keep at it. I make new fitness goals for myself so I keep going to the gym and keeping that up helps me log my food and eat within my calorie goals. Stay active on MFP boards/friends also helps me!
  • noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    @busyPK Yeah i am trying a similar approach but i feel discouraged when I stop seeing the results.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    I like to take a picture of my progress it really helps me keep going, and if I find a picture of me before my weight loss I use that as inspiration to keep going. I sometimes am the same way I stop at a certain number get excited and stop, but I know staying focused will make me more happy, and I will be at a better Good luck!! :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Perhaps take a diet break? Two weeks at maintenance then hit it hard again for the last half?
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    noah49822 wrote: »
    @busyPK Yeah i am trying a similar approach but i feel discouraged when I stop seeing the results.

When you say stop seeing results are you referring to the number on the scale, measurements, fitness goals achieved or how your clothes fit. There are a lot of way to "see" results so I try remember them all because if the scale doesn't go down in 3 weeks, but I'm running further/faster than a month ago then it's still a success! Or a pair of my skinny pants actually fitting is another success.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 330 Member
    edited February 2018
    noah49822 wrote: »
    Once again I have hit the halfway mark of my weight loss journey but, I have to find a way to go the distance. I think I let my success get to my head and start to slip. How do I find the motivation to hit my goal of 170lbs. I may need someone to truly hold me accountable!

I get this. Once I get too confident and think it is too easy I slip. Think of all the things you will be able to do. How you want to look. How better you will feel about yourself. That is what I don't get about myself. Eating healthy and exercising makes me feel so much better. I sleep better. I have more energy then I slip into old habits. It is easy to do. I wish I had better advice for you. So far I am on track but I understand what you said.
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2018
    Your motivation is what you want. You want to keep losing weight, but you also don't want to keep working for it. So what do you want most? You're only truly accountable to yourself.

Kommodevaran said it best. Ask yourself how bad do you want it? What’s your WHY? Answer that then you will know what do do.
  • telisew94
    telisew94 Posts: 12 Member
    Accounatablility is always a great choice! It's hard to stay motivated 24/7, disapline is what will get you to goal! I like to YouTube new recipes to help me stay on track but will change things up! Doing new types of workouts help me as well! Going on a hike, using tractor tires in my workouts. Never let it get boring. You can do this! :smile: