Forgeting to eat

Options
I work in a marketing department and more often than not I simply forget to eat while at work. You know when you are at work and you get so wrapped up in what you are doing that you forget to eat. By the time I realize that I forgot to eat, all I crave is Junk food to fill me up. This happens to me more often than I would like but it's hard to sneak even a snack in when the ideas start rolling.

Any ideas as to how to deal with situations like this?

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Set pop up reminders in your calendar program, recurring tasks. It's also a good way to remind yourself to stand up and stretch every once in a while.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I use a reminder alarm on my iphone... it works like a charm and now the kids holler snack time when they hear the bells go off...
  • rosefish225
    Options
    I have the same problem, but instead of forgetting to eat, I forget to drink my water. I just set up an "appointment" in my Outlook calendar and then snooze it to go off every 15 minutes. I end up finishing about 32 ounces in no time!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I found packing my lunch and snacks helps me avoid eating junk. Even if I "forget" to eat when I do remember I go right to what I have in the fridge.
  • PriorGodwyn
    Options
    Some people I know keep a few pieces of fruit in their bag or something, so that if they're hungry or forgot to eat, they have healthy food readily available. Apples are really filling. :)