Green tea drinkers

Options
I've read alot about the benefits of drinking green tea. Are there any of you that drink it on a regular basis.? According to many articles, it helps to loose weight! Comments, ideas???

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    it is said to boost your metabolism, therefore you burn more calories everyday.
    i drink it daily and i find it makes me feel energetic and want to work out.
  • wendrobn
    wendrobn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 cups daily. I find that it suppresses my appetite. It's not a miracle drink, but it does help when you're trying to curb off a craving!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i drink 2-3 cups a day.. celestial seasoning's brand. DELICIOUS!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 3 cups of green tea every day - does it make me lose weight - no idea - it is part of all the other changes I have made to the way I eat and drink to be healthy.....I am a great believer that there is no one silver bullet - you have to change the lot to be successfull ...

You have obviously read some of the articles - the way I look at it, it is just part of my daily water allowance (it is a hot drink with zero calories - which is nice in winter ;-))
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Rich in antioxidants! :) I currently only drink water and Shakeology, but I used to drink green tea daily (religiously!)
    I kinda miss it.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, it makes me feel energetic, and more balanced. It's overall healthier then something like coffee in the am (and still has a little caffeine in it). beware of the green teas they see in stores in the bottles, sometimes they are just fake flavoring, or have additives.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It may be all in my head but I do believe it makes a difference! For 2 weeks I drank several glasses of green tea a day and lost 6 and 7lbs ... the week that I didn't drink it very much I lost 3/4 lbs and this weekend saw the scale go up! So this week i'm going back to the green tea everyday and we shall see! If nothing else it does curve cravings and gives me lil boost of energy before and a workout!
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I drink one or two cups daily without any sweetener. I get the bigelow (spelling?) brand and usually get the pomegranate flavored one. It is still zero calories but the fruit flavor adds a different taste. The blueberry and peach is awesome as well. I didn't want to get in the habit of needing it sweetened so I just started drinking it plain from the get go. Helped me kick my diet coke habit!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i have read about the benefits, and well i am sure they are real, who's to say. though i do take a multivitamin that has green tea extract added to it, and is labelled ' for the weight-concious'. all the rest of the vits and mins in the bottle were great for me, so that's why i got it, not specificlally for the green tea. i certainy won't complain if it does give me a little boost though :)
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of brewed green tea, not so much the bottled kind, too much junk in them, usually. It helps me when I'm feeling hungry between meals-or when I'm craving something sweet, I will add a little stevia to it. Usually (these days) it's enough to help me get through the craving. I just enjoy it. Moderation. I don't think of it so much as helping me lose weight, I just like it and have read about it's benefits.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it helps me lose weight, but it keeps me full for half an hour to an hour.

At work, I eat snacks every two to three hours. In between snacks, if I get hungry, I have a stick of gum or green tea (with splenda....I like my sweets)

This system works well for me.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it due to it messes with your folic acid levels. If you are of breeding age, and run the risk of breeding (I can get pregnant on birth control injections after being told I was infertile) don't risk it. Although the last thing I want is another baby, if it does happen, my folic acid levels must be in a healthy range. If my husband ever gets that vasectomy then I look forward to drinking it.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Green tea! I just think it's yummy. I drink a 22oz glass everyday. I mostly drink Tazo because that's what we brew at work. I have Yoga tea for a nice relaxing hot cup. I don't sweeten it and won't drink the bottled crap. The bottled stuff is sugar water with some tea in it. It's better for you and cheaper to brew it yourself. If you don't like the taste, mix it with milk. That's the way to make it a treat in Japan.
  • charsauce
    Options
    makes you go to the loo a lot more frequently! It is also, a nice tasting beverage to have every now and then if you only drink water (like me!) and I hear it really helps cravings. But, I haven't really noticed a difference with all of that yet. Taste is great though!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Being asian, i've been drinking 4-5 cups of green tea daily (seeped from loose leaves) since i was like 10. No noticible changes yet ;) except maybe discolored teeth
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    I LOVE it! I try to drink 2 cups (the size of my travel mug) every morning! I buy the regular Lipton brand, but I've heard great things about other brands too! I like to sweeten it with just a bit of Stevia, and it's perfect! It's really great for cleaning toxins out of your system and it helps boost your metabolism. I think it's definitely worth a shot! Try it for a month and see what you think! :D