Options
I am 32 years old and am ready to get healthy. I have been married for 13 years and have two sons. 15 and 12. I have been overweight pretty much the whole time I have been married. I am done with feeling bad about myself and not respecting my body. My mother died when she was 39 and that motivates me to want to get healthy to be alive for my family. My husband recently quit smoking with the help of stop smoking aids, but he states the most help came from the support he got from social networking. I thought I would give the support network a try to get rid of this weight. It will keep me accountable and motivated with others to lean on. Please friend me if you want to be a part of my network of support.

Replies

• karolynnc411
    karolynnc411 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to myfitnesspal. I've found that social networking really does help a lot because it allows you to have an extra branch of support. Losing weight is tough to do, but with the appropriate foods, exercise and support, it can be done. Good luck!
  • tanana
    tanana Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you! If I could give one bit of advice, it would be this: you need to take care of yourself in order to take care of your family. I liken this to the instruction on the airplane: "in case of emergency, place the oxygen mask on yourself first, and then assist those around you." It's like that - you focus on your health and fitness, and that will allow you to be the best "you" for your family! Good luck!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision. This site, I can attest, is wonderful. It's full of information, support and help that you may not be able to find from family, coworkers, and friends. After all, check out the results I got after only 7 months:

TheNewMe.jpg
    [/quote]

Here's a link to my blog for tips and recipes to get you started on your journey - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640