Hey there! here looking for friends

Options
Hi guys! I've been using this app for over a month now but I never tried to make contact with another users, this is my first time so yeah haha here's my story: I used to weight 134 pounds and eat whatever when I was 17 but when I entered college I started to use all my money to buy lots of food and eat everything I wanted everyday. I'm tall so naturally it was hard to notice my weight gain at first 10 pounds more didn't do anything to my appearance but then it became noticeable and I ended up being 189 pounds! And when I was in the verge of going from chubby to fat I stopped. Now I stopped binging on food and started exercising it's really hard because I never exercised in my life, not even when I was thin! I've lost 10 pounds already and I'm not gonna stop till I reach my 143 pounds goal, I decided to add 11 pounds more to my original weight because I wanna be skinny but not as skinny as before, I need some curves haha well if anyone wants to be my healthy friend here I am :)

Replies

• travisk8s
    travisk8s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on a bulk so probably not the healthy person your looking for but if you need a little motivation check out the first 20 minutes of Joe Rogans newest podcast with David Goggins, I just finished it at the gym. In short it's about a dude in his 20s going from 6'1 at 300lbs to 185 and joining the Navy Seals.
  • fitjcf
    fitjcf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there, this sounds like my story, I am 5’8 and went from 137 to 170 in ten years, now loosing weight slowly, I have been on MFP for one month. Just wanting to fit in my size 6 pants at some point in the following year. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Kokoa404
    Kokoa404 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Oh hey travis! Any kind of friend is fine, everyone here is trying to improve their bodies after all so we are on the same page :blush: I'll check it out, sounds interesting that will sure motivate me to exercise more! Thanks
  • Kokoa404
    Kokoa404 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fitjcf we have something in common :) I'm leaving fast food and eating smaller portions, I don't expect to loose lots of weight in a short time so I'm slowly getting healthier, hope we can do it together
  • Dirty204
    Dirty204 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain! I’ve gained 50 pounds over the past two years due to eating out and work. Congrats on losing so far! Every pound is a win in my book!
  • SteviYvonne
    SteviYvonne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends on here to help inspire each other! I have a long journey ahead of me too, and exercising is the hardest part for me.
  • zenaidaAnai
    zenaidaAnai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm having the same struggles went to college and figured out that the "freshman 15" was no joke. My end goal is around 135 and currently 176. So I completely understand your struggle. Food is so good and especailly if it is more accessible. I sometimes find myself struggling to find friends who are supportive and to be me it's extremely discouraging to lose weight. So if you need a healthy friend I'm here.
  • jessknowles90
    jessknowles90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I could do with some more friends on here to keep me on track, currently weight 164lbs and trying to get down to 135lbs before August. Where are you all based?
  • meakerjulia1489
    meakerjulia1489 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

So ive decided its time to get healthy after a few minor medical hiccups.. Im slowly looking to start making friends who keep my circle a positive and happy one. Im an exercise lover and good motivator! On a journey to lose around 10kg.. I have 7 to go!
  • jansenmangubat30
    Options
    hi everyone! i actually have his app last 2013 but just keep tracking my weight and food intake. For now i want to explore what the app can do to me to make me feel welcome and find it enjoyable