What do you put in your Oat meal?

Options
I've heard of honey, Nutella, raspberries...
All kinds of stuff!

I want to like Oat meal, but I need to enhance it a bit to really love it!
What do you put in it?

Replies

• LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Dried berries, raisins, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, brown sugar. :tongue:
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    im no help...i just us splenda :) i hate anything else in it
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Fresh or frozen blueberries and 1/4 cup skim milk.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Notta Dang Thing! I eat it bland...

Once in awhile Protein Powder, or Banana and Cinnamon....

;)

-Rain
  • daintycake
    Options
    Sliced almonds, flax seed, and a dash of brown sugar! I eat it almost every day.. nice texture from the almonds and hint of sweetness from the brown sugar.
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    for every 1/2 dry, I add 2T brown sugar, 2T pumpkin, and cinnamon to taste! Like Thanksgiving pie, all year long! mmm!
    Strawberry or blackberry preserves, and frozen fruit of the same kind (but warm it up first!)
  • wrubsie76
    wrubsie76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A packet of Truvia and ground cinnamon. Sometimes I chop up an apple and mix it in. Delicious!
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...my favorite is peanut butter, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, a banana and a dash of cinnamon.
  • crystalDRA
    crystalDRA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I add splenda and and sugar free hazelnut coffee creamer (liquid)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Grated carrot, cinnamon and vanilla essence and frozen berries - that is my daily "Carrot Cake Oatmeal".... you can also add some candied ginger (I dont like ginger ;-)

Have a look at the Gracious Pantry website - she has about a 100 different types of oatmeal combinations.....
  • wendiebradley
    Options
    I cook mine with nutmeg and cinnamon. Then after it is cooked add a little brown sugar with peach slices, or blueberries, or bananas and a little milk.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Please skip the Nutella! I preach this all the time, but the first ingredient is sugar, pass!
    Frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, honey, raisins, cinnimon, raw sugar, vanilla extract and strawberries, dried cranberries (no sugar or syrup added), dehydrated apples (finely diced) and cinnamon.... Those are just a few that jump to mind!
    I had low milk while nursing, and oatmeal promotes lactation, so I've eaten a lot and I mean a LOT of oatmeal. :P
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just a touch of milk ...like an 1/8 C. No sweetners.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal just about every day! I put a little dash of cinnamon, half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and a tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter. Sometimes I cut up a banana and put it in there too. One of my *favorite* things to eat :)
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and ground flax seed!
  • bikenut
    bikenut Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know fresh fruit would be the proper answer, but I use Nestle Nesquick with 25* less sugar, and a little vanilla extract. Makes it taste like a warn chocolate oatmeal cookie. It adds 60 calories so be careful.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, slivered walnuts, golden raisins and fresh blueberries. Eat it about 5 days a week with my coffee. Have learned to LOVE it.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wheat germ for a little more texture. Fresh berries, fresh banana, honey, or brown sugar to sweeten.
  • izzyinbliss
    izzyinbliss Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love putting in 1/3 cup of fresh berries when I can. If not a teeny sprinkling of dried cherries or apricots tastes good too. And some nuts—usually walnuts or cashews. A dash of milk or soy. And sweeten with a bit of raw local honey!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and splenda.