Need to be thin, but need pizza

Options
So I thought I’d give calorie counting a go to keep track of what I’m eating!
I have a holiday in two months and am your typical ‘need to lose as much as possible as quickly as possible’ kinda girl but LOVE my food!

If anyone has any tips on how to stay healthy and just generally stay on track and motivated... anything would be much appreciated!!

Thanks xx

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

If anyone has any tips on how to stay healthy and just generally stay on track and motivated... anything would be much appreciated!!

Thanks xx

Don't be overly aggressive with your rate of loss, don't be overly restrictive with calories, and don't think losing weight equates to not eating delicious food.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Welcome to the board. I still eat pizza. I buy a kraft pizza kit and don't add one thing other then what is in the box. It isn't high in calories at all and you still get the yummy flavour. I love my food too, but I find a better way to eat it
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    So you want to lose lots of weight in a really short period of time but you don't want to particularly work for it?

It's going to be tough.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza pretty much once a week for the first 6 months of my weight loss, didn't hinder it.

Weight loss is about managing your calorie intake, presumably you're all about the "bikini bod" if you're focused on your holiday, set yourself a reasonable calorie deficit, log accurately, ensure you're getting adequate protein and fat in your diet for nutrition and do some form of strength training to help maintain your muscle and to help with body compostition.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Balance! Chicken and veggies for lunch, pizza for supper.

But really, unless you're really wanting to stick to a certain diet, it's just all about eating what you want to eat as long as it fits into your calorie goal. Eat what makes you feel good. You may over time want to eat healthier, more lean meats and fruits and veggies, but there's no need to give up pizza. Pizza is wonderful.

Just take it one day at a time! And remember why you're starting - it makes the tough days seem more manageable. Don't give up and know you'll get there in time!

Good luck!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight and still eat pizza. It's not an either or situation :)

My food diary is open. Mondays is always pizza night at my house!
    I also eat fast food on the weekends *gasp* lol
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Eat one slice of pizza instead of two and have a salad with it.

Everyone loves food (except anorexics I suppose, but they have a problem that can never be addressed on a fitness forum) and people who love food do lose weight.

However, You aren’t going to lose a whole bunch of weight in two months very fast and keep it off. At least not for long. There is a plethora of good advise in the announcements and I suggest you read them.

They’re all going to tell you that it’s going to take some time, but hey, the time goes by whether you exercise and eat right or not so you might as well start now and do it right. Nobody can motivate you like you. Nobody is going to give you a silver bullet that will turn you into an athlete.

But eating one slice of pizza instead of two and having a salad with it is usually a pretty good idea.