Is this cheating?

Options
I have a pretty wacky sleep schedule. I've never been good at sleeping at a certain time every night. So sometime I go to sleep really early 9PM or so, and most of the time I go to bed really late...like 3 AM or later.

Because of this I sometimes cheat a little with logging my food. If it is 11 PM and I am really hungry, and not going to bed in the near future, I add whatever I eat to the next day so that I stay under. Or sometimes if it is 1 AM, I add it to the day before if I didn't eat all my calories.

Does anyone else do this?

I figure it doesn't really matter as long as I stay under overall in those two days.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Do *you* feel like it's cheating? Is it hindering your weight loss at all? Is it working for you?

There are no arbitrary, external rules here. The only person you have to answer to is yourself. If it's working for you, keep doing it. If it's not, change it.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just see what your calories are by the week. As long as it all adds up to not be too far over your weekly allotment then it isn't cheating.
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    Options
    I can see it as both ways. It is cheating because I am logging food in a day that I didn't eat it...and it isn't cheating because I am logging the food and staying under the calorie total of the 2 day period.
  • speckledbandit
    speckledbandit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating. A lot of weight loss/fitness experts like Jillian Michaels (in her book Winning by Losing) even suggest that you vary calories different days to meet a weekly calorie goal.