Freezing crockpot meals

Options
Egarcia2017
Egarcia2017 Posts: 2 Member
I am thinking about making cannelloni beans and leek in the crock pot....can I freeze leftovers...has anyone tried freezing leftovers from crock pot and do they cook well afterwards?

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have frozen tons of stuff from my crock pot. Most things that freeze the best are meat and veggies. I don't think the beans would freeze well, but I am not sure since I have not frozen the beans. I suggest you put most in the fridge and a small portion in the freezer and try them out tomorrow for lunch or dinner and see how they did. Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    I freeze cooked beans - and cooked stuff including crock pot recipes all the time. Go for it!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do this all the time. It's just me and my husband, so cooking stuff in the Crockpot means we always have more leftovers than we can eat (or want to eat) without freezing some. I like to portion them out into small containers that I can then pop into the microwave at work.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I regularly cook a large crock pot of something and eat half to a third of it and freeze the rest. I've never had a problem with beans being any different once they were thawed out after being frozen. The only thing I really have issues with is cooked potatoes don't freeze very well
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I freeze cooked beans - and cooked stuff including crock pot recipes all the time. Go for it!

Same! It's just my youngest daughter and myself at home, so when I cook a pound of dry beans in the slow cooker, we obviously don't want to eat only that for days on end, so I measure them into 2 cup batches in freezer bags. Works like a charm! I cook a different type of bean each time, so right now there are plenty to choose from in my freezer - chickpeas, black beans, pintos, Great Northern, and Kidney beans.

• Egarcia2017
    Egarcia2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses