Reccomendations Please!!!

Options
so when I get paid, I am going to buy a new pair of walking/running shoes. I think the ones I have been using are one of the main reasons my knees are hurting so bad! So what do y'all recommend? I really do not want to spend more than $50 or $60!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I like adidas. i have no idea what shoes cost in the US. Here in Canada, a good pair of shoes goes for about $100 to $150. If you're not sure about what kind of shoes to get, go to a running specialty store, especially one that will analyze your gait. you might need shoes for over or under pronators. They might even have some on sale.
  • s_cheryl
    s_cheryl Posts: 18
    Options
    Go to a store that has knowledgeable salespeople who can analyze your feet and the way you walk. A lot of people just buy any running shoes without taking their feet into consideration (high or low arch? over or under-pronator? etc.). Once they recommend a few pairs of shoes - which will probably be over $100 - you can go online or search the clearance sections for last season's or last year's model...it is usually the same shoe in a different colour! The shoes I wear are almost $200 brand new (I love Asics), but I have never paid over $100 for a single pair and I have gone through at least 10 pairs! Good luck!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Go to a store that has knowledgeable salespeople who can analyze your feet and the way you walk. A lot of people just buy any running shoes without taking their feet into consideration (high or low arch? over or under-pronator? etc.). Once they recommend a few pairs of shoes - which will probably be over $100 - you can go online or search the clearance sections for last season's or last year's model...it is usually the same shoe in a different colour! The shoes I wear are almost $200 brand new (I love Asics), but I have never paid over $100 for a single pair and I have gone through at least 10 pairs! Good luck!

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. GREAT advice.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Outlet store, clearance rack. I got my Nike Livestrong Shox for about $65 before tax.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like adidas. i have no idea what shoes cost in the US. Here in Canada, a good pair of shoes goes for about $100 to $150. If you're not sure about what kind of shoes to get, go to a running specialty store, especially one that will analyze your gait. you might need shoes for over or under pronators. They might even have some on sale.

I really would love to do this but the nearest store to me that does this is over 4 hours away! ugh!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Dr. Sholes are pretty good most of the time.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    clearance. nike crosstrainers $25
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Asics Gel running shoes- a couple of friends who were training for marathons recommended them. Nikes, adidas and new balance all killed my feet. I got mine on sale (and with a coupon) at Kohl's for roughly $50. Greatest investment I have made in years :).
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For running, I would recommend Asics, they are usually between $75 and $100, but it is worth it for the sake of your feet!
  • s_cheryl
    s_cheryl Posts: 18
    Options
    If you live too far from a specialty store that can analyze your gait, you can always have a doctor/chiropractor/physiotherapist do it for you on your next visit. Then you can search online for shoes that are recommended for your walking/running style and go from there.
  • jeffrainwater
    Options
    I'd recommend you visit a local specialty running store, one who can analyze your stride, to find appropriate shoes... not just good shoes. Making sure you find a shoe that matches your pronation type is crucial to preventing (or eliminating) pain and possible injury. There is no one brand better than all the others... it truly is all about finding the brand that feels most comfortable to YOU once the biomechanics (pronation) piece has been properly analyzed. The unfortunate downside is that you will spend at least $100. It will, however, be very worth it... especially since you have had knee problems. I manage a running store in Atlanta, GA so feel free to ask any questions! Happy running!
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    I like the adidas zero's. I have flat feet and they have a very low arch for a running shoe.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love my reebok runtones. they are probably the most comfortable shoe i've ever had. i switch out between nike, adidas, and my reeboks (to match my outfit) and my reeboks are by far my favorite. i've seen some at tj maxx for about $50, but usually they're about $90-100
  • DarcieC2389
    Options
    There are those walking shoes that have a little wedge and there are less expensive brands available than Sketchers I got mine at Walmart for about $40.00. I don't notice major soreness with walking less than an hour a day. I felt it the most when I wore them to an amusepark and was walking around for like 4 or 5 hrs.