In for the long haul

Options
Hi, my name is Shirley and I joined myfitnesspal so I could stay motivated and have some accountability. I have a problem with finishing things. I set goals and then I give up if I don't see results right away. Recently I had a life changing experience and ended up in the hospital with a serious respritory infection. Before that I had been on a diet and lost 30 pounds. I was so proud of myself because for the first time in a long time I was under the 200 pound mark. Then I was told I had COPD, and so I was given steroids and also had my medications changed. I also quit smoking. Before I knew it, in less than three months I had regained that 30 pounds. So now I am on this ride again, but I plan on losing 80 pounds. My goal is to get off all of my medications and be healthy again. So I'm in this for the long haul and can use all the encouragement I can get and all the tasty recipes, and suggestions that are out there.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Weight and health management is something that never stops. Motivation comes and goes, good habits are forever. Weight management is both simple and difficult, and part universal and part individual. Weightloss is slow, but it happens if you eat less, consistently, for real, and for a long time. You have to do it yourself, but you don't have to do it alone. You can eat anything you want, but you can't eat everything at once, and not all the time.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Creating small goals can help with losing motivation when you don't see fast results. Weight loss is a slow and steady process. Just take it one day at a time! 5 pounds, then another 5 pounds, then another. You'll be at 80 pounds lost before you know it.

Good luck Shirley, good for you for taking this step for your health!