Needing help and motivation

Options
Hello everyone, I am currently seeking advice and help from someone in a similar situation. I have recently gained weight due to my metabolism slowing down and working a desk job. I am 24, used to be very active but it seems impossible to go and work out because of everything I have to do in a day.

I am working a regular 8-5 job while also going to school full time. I regularly get home around 9pm. I find my time restrictions are very crippling to being healthy and exercising. If I don’t get 8 hours of sleep there is no way I can function through the day. While it limits time to work out it is also difficult to cook healthy meals which is not the usual unappealing chicken, broccoli and quinoa combo. I was just trying to find someone in a similar situation that has been successful, I would love to hear your input :)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't slow down (except in extreme medical cases). You quit moving so much due to the desk job and school.

Move more, eat less. Park farther away at work and school. Walk on your breaks. If you work in a multi-story building, use the bathroom on a different floor. Little changes like this add up.

Log all your food into your food diary, using a food scale to weigh everything. Stay within your calorie allowance. The end.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @Nova we need a "mic drop" response button.
  • klstanle
    klstanle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I moved my snack bars from my desk drawer to the break room. That way I had to take a few more steps each day. Also, I switched to a smaller water cup, so I have to get up and refill it every hour. (The water machine is on the opposite side of my building.) I agree - parking farther away and using the farthest away bathroom have also helped me get more steps.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,023 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Nova we need a "mic drop" response button.

Hahaha, noted! ;)