I like apple butter or pumpkin butter in mine
  • charsauce
    Options
    Pumpkin pie spice.
    Bananas
    Nutella
    Peanut butter
    Raisins
    Truvia! (tastes so much better than Splenda!)
    Cocoa roast almonds.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This morning I did banana and agave nectar. I love cooking it with strawberries and honey. Also, those flavored creamers are yummy!
  • jwinters36
    Options
    peanut butter and bananas. Yummy :)
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I prefer brown sugar in my oatmeal but usually settle for splenda & cinnamon most days.

I can tell you what I won't put in my oatmeal again....protein powder. Yuck! My hubby said it was good so I put a scoop of my chocolate peanut butter flavored protein powder. I was expecting malto meal flavor. WRONG! It was the closest to wet cardboard I've ever eaten! I choked it down but NEVER AGAIN! I see others eat it, my hubby eats it...but not me.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Some great variations here. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2010/02/oatmeal-recipe-round-up/
    My personal favorite is blueberries, raisins & dark chocolate curls.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Oatmeal = YUK! :sick: My biggest fear: If I end up in a nursing home, they will force-feed me oatmeal! I am a cream of wheat girl.
  • OliviaTreanor
    OliviaTreanor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went to a nutritionest at she gave me the idea of cooking eggs into it, I haven't tried it yet but it's an idea!
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    I don't really like oatmeal, but I think I might after trying these combos! I love the idea of the carrot cake and pumpkin pie! MMMM! Thanks -
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    truvia, ideal no calorie brown sugar, cinnamon and strawberries :)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I went to a nutritionest at she gave me the idea of cooking eggs into it, I haven't tried it yet but it's an idea!

omg that sounds gross lol
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use plain oatmeal and throw in onions, garlic, left over grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, raisins, prunes, sometimes nuts in place of meat... it's savory with a hint of sweetness from the prunes and raisins.

Weird, but I just don't like sweet oatmeal.
    : )
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast items. I like to put 1/4 cup fresh picked berries that I keep in my tiny refrig. freezer in ziplock sandwich bags. Then, I put between 10-15 GRAMS walnuts. I weigh them in GRAMS because it's more accurate than using the measuring cup. Then, I put the rolled oats on top, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (at times, I grind a little nutmeg on time). (this all goes in the cereal bowl...not the sauce pot). Pop it into the microwave, zap it for two full minutes. Top it off with Truvia to taste, 1/4 Cup of 2% milk. Enjoy! Usually less than 300 calories and I don't suffer hunger pains nor cravings. You can use the dried fruits but those have a lot of sugar in them. You can alternate with sliced almonds or pecans. Pay attention to how many GRAMS is one portion and use either 1/2 or 1/4 portion of the nuts. If you go whole hog and take the full portion, you're limiting yourself on the very important protein servings that you need so you can lose weight better.

TIP: UP your protein intake
    LIMIT the total carb intake (simple carbs, especially)
    UP your LOW CALORIE VEGETABLES (complex carbs).
    2/3 of your lunch and your dinner plates should be vegetables and a little low calorie fruit
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound great! I was planning on starting to take oatmeal for a meal too. Any idea how I can store oatmeal for the week? Or is that not advisable?
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/index.php/peanut-butter-1/darkchocolatedreams.html

It's gluten free, and sounds amazing. It comes in a few varieties too like cinnamon raisin and mighty maple. It may be pretty good in oat mill. Maybe dark chocolate with strawberries. Now that's my kind of oat meal!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I like 2 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 cup of blueberries
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Apples, cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup. Yum!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and stevia !!! Peanut butter ROCKS in oatmeal !!!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Always cottage cheese and some slivered almonds, then some sort of fruit. Keeps me satisfied until lunch.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I make it with 1/2 water and 1/2 vanilla almond milk, then add brown sugar.

Yum!