5 months...

to lose 50 pounds? Can it be done? Can anyone help motivate me? I eat well...but my problem is exercise, I can't see to get enough in, even with having everything I need to do it! :(
Look forward to meeting people and joining some groups.

Thanks for reading :)
Debbie

Replies

• Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    You can TOTALLY do it!! I've been at this for two months and lost 20 lbs. I was injured almost the day i started here it seems and so I couldn't walk let alone exercise for 5 weeks. Now I'm walking a mile-mile and a half a day m-fr...it's not much but it really helps! You can do this! Feel free to add me for extra support. This site is the best thing to happen to weight loss since water!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I think you can do it. You'll have to keep varying your exercise and make sure you eat a VARIETY of foods so you're constantly feeding your body what it needs. By changing your exercise routine every 3-4 weeks or so, your body won't get used to it and you'll keep yielding results. Be sure to watch your sodium, drink lots of water, and have a rest day! Sometimes our muscles need a BREAK.
  • i've seen a bunch of posts on here about people who've lost 50 pounds in 5 months. My aunt also lost approximately 50 pounds in about 5 months. If it's exercising that you have trouble with, try other ways to become a bit more active. For example: When going to the store I always park in the back of the parking lot and walk the extra distance. Also at my appartment building instead of parking out back and just walking up the little hill to get to my door, I park down in front of the building and walk the two flights of stairs. Even the little things help.

I hope this helps.
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Everyone's body type and how they react to a lifestyle change is different, but for some it can definitely be done. I joined March 24th this year and am down 55 pounds so far.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    You can do it!

Wow Zyle, I started March 24 and have lost 56 pounds, too!!!
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Great Job HarlCarl
  • Yes it can be done, it will be very hard but it can be done. Alot of people will tell you to carb deplete but the only carbs you need to cut out of your diet are starchy carbs such as rice, pasta, and bread. Get your carbs from veggies and fruit....but never cheat even with croutons or something small of that sort. I lay my life on it that it will work!