Bluetooth ear buds (Truly wireless)

Options
belgerian
belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
edited February 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I recently bought a pair of Jabra Elite Sport, I was considering the Bose Sound Sport Free Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Earphones or the Jaybird Run True Wireless Sport headphones.

I have had Bose wired headphones in the past and they are very comfortable, but i decided to purchase the Jabra due to all the great reviews. They are a bit uncomfortable but I seem to get accustomed to it after a while they do sound great and they stay put. The software that come with the Jabra I could really care less about.

I am considering switching it in for the Bose or Jaybird. I enjoy running and I sweat so I need them to be sweat resistance. I am not real thrilled about the size of them but I have always been happy with Bose products.

My primary use for these would be running and or gym related I do not use them for calls. So the quality of the MIC i could care less about. Being to able to listen to my music in both ears with minimum interruptions during my workouts is the goal. IE both buds staying paired. Need to be sweat resistance, stay charged easily for 2 hours minimum and do not fall out, sound quality does not need to be top of the line as I am almost 50. I am asking for actual user input of any of these 2 products.

I do very much like the wireless earbuds and I mean wireless.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Not an actual user (yet) but I've been looking at these. I'm actually thinking of getting the Samsung version so I could run without my phone.

So, not answering your question but tagging along and has anyone used the Samsung Gear IconX?
  • belgerian
    Options
    Yes I am also thinking of the Samsung also, It would be nice to run without my phone or Bluetooth device.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I have the Jaybird Run earbuds and I like them. I got them for Christmas, so I've run with them for a couple of months. I've taken them out for runs of about 80 minutes so far. I did need to do some adjusting to make sure they felt secure in my ears--mostly learning how to "lock" them in place using the little rubber fins. They do tend to move around a little if I'm sweating and didn't lock them properly to begin with, but I've only had one fall out after I decided to take it out and readjust it mid-run--I clearly didn't get it right while I was moving. (Even then, it was very obvious that it was falling out, and I caught it with no problem.) Also, I am very small/short, and most earbuds tend to be too big for my ears, so if you have more "normal" ears then they may work even better for you. No problems at all with pairing and staying paired. Sound quality is good if they're properly placed. I know you are looking to wear both earbuds, but for other folks, I only wear one and it works fine on its own.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In a partial response to @Tacklewasher and @belgerian , I have a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones from Amazon paired to my Samsung Gear S3 watch. I've been able to sync playlists directly to the watch, and go for a run without having to take my phone. Pretty convenient. I know it's not really what you're asking about, but in the case that you had the S3, then any BT headphones would work for what you're asking.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just started using Jabra headphones myself and I'm very happy with them so I guess I'm no help either...
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    First, let me state that I absolutely hate BO$E as a speaker company. They are deceitful and produce garbage speakers. However, I have not heard anything bad about their headphones, so after several bad experiences with JayBird and a couple others, I begrudgingly bought their Sound Sport headphones. So far I can say they don't sound as good as my X3's did but the battery life is great and they actually stay connected to my phone. It has only been a month so we'll see.... As of now, I'd say get them over the Jaybird for sure. Can't say much about Jabra since I have not tried them.
  • belgerian
    Options
    I am content with the Jabra they just not as comfortable with what I am use to which are the bose SIE2. Maybe it is just I got spoiled with the comfort the the SIE2. I've only recently ever used Bose headphones that, I used to have a set of Bose 901 Speakers but that was like back in the day when Bose were top of the line. Funny when I first bought the SIE2 there were close to 150 and I said if there is anything I do not like about them I'm taking them back.
  • belgerian
    Options
    For anyone who is wondering I did order a pair of the Samsung gear iconx, another thing I did not like about the Jabra, they just did not get loud enough for me when I wanted that xtra push.
    I should have them next week and I will post my feed back. The Jabra paired great, sound great but the fit is a bit uncomfortable, I could deal with it if I had no other options. I do like the idea of the storing my music on the Iconx and going totally device free. Evuentually I want to get the Samsung S3.
    I did try on the Bose but they almost felt like they were going to fall out, and I did not like the way they protrude out more. The samsung has great reviews also.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Starred and waiting on your feedback on the Iconx.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to own the Jaybirds which was decent but the wire always annoyed me. They really made me want a truly wireless experience and without the need of my cell phone to stream audio.

I replaced the Jaybirds with the Bragi Dash two years ago, which are truly wireless. They have 4GB of memory so you do not need to stream music. There are built in fitness trackers and heart rate monitor. And they are water proof :) You can wear them while swimming or taking a shower post workout. The case to hold the earbuds is a charging case as well which really extends your use time.

https://www.bragi.com/thedashpro/

• Tacklewasher
    Options
    K. Now I'm annoyed. Decided to go check them out. Only local retailer who carries them is Best Buy. Think I could get anyone to help me? Even after the guy manning the door called over the radio? I walked out after ~5 minutes, but looks like I'll have to go back as no one else in town carries them.

Grrrr.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have recently upgraded from a pair of PowerBeats Wireless to the Zolo Liberty. The Liberty has no wire going between the earbuds, which is really impressive tech. The case the Liberty comes in can recharge the earbuds 3 or 4 times. They sound good for $100 earbuds, and easily last through my longest workouts. Zolo Liberty on Amazon.com

*Note: Not affiliated with Zolo at all, just really impressed by their earbuds! :)
  • belgerian
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I had to order mine, I could not find them locally anywhere I got the grey pair via best buys website for 155.00

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-gear-iconx-2018-true-wireless-earbud-headphones-gray/6110748.p?skuId=6110748

The only reason I went thru BB and not amazon is I bought the replacement plan as anything goes wrong I can go to a local BB and exchange them right there. Or if i do not like them I can return them locally.
    I will say the Bragi look real nice but that is a bit above my range, and most of the features I do not need.
    Maybe my next pair, when the technology improves and the price drops. Still interesting my first nice pair of wired headphones were 150.00.
    The only issue with the samsung I may envision is the sweat and or water, I sweat immensely that is another reason I bought the product replacement plan. As they are not rated as good as the Jabra or the Brashi for water resistance.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    K. Now I'm annoyed. Decided to go check them out. Only local retailer who carries them is Best Buy. Think I could get anyone to help me? Even after the guy manning the door called over the radio? I walked out after ~5 minutes, but looks like I'll have to go back as no one else in town carries them.

Grrrr.

When that happens to me, I tend to start taking stuff off the shelves and throwing it all on the ground until somebody comes over. Surprisingly effective.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Well. Went back to Best Buy. Guess I should be happy I got no service last night as they got a shipment in today so I got a black pair (white would have been fine and they had 1, but I kinda wanted black).

Charging now. I need to get more music at 180 bpm, but found this site

http://www.ladysouthpaw.com/180-bpm-running-songs

So a good long list that I can pick the classic rock out of. Think my running music might be Beatles heavy.

Not sure if I'm going to try them tomorrow or not. I'd love to but nature dumped another 3-4 inches of this white *kitten* all over the place and I'm not sure I want to drudge through it again.

Will let you know my thoughts.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    So. 1 run (under a toque) and 1 weightlifting session. They stayed in just fine and sound pretty good. Bose may be better, but they look bulkier and (I think) would have fit funny under the toque. I also like that I have to put them in the case to charge. Might help me not misplacing them as often as I did my others.
  • belgerian
    Options
    I got my Iconx last night, I had to update the software and the drivers for my computer for the software to work, I am running WIN 7 still. They are very comfortable for me. The volume when connected bluetooth is plenty loud enough (Iphone 7 plus). When using standalone not quite as loud but sufficient. They seem very form fitting, but will be going for a run with them today. I was able to transfer my Itunes playlist easy enough after I did all the updates. The left earbud seems to not want to always charge in the case it is a bit touchy. Overall I will be returning my Jabra and so far so good on the Iconx. My main issue with the Jabra is where the wing sits in my ear to hold it in place it really irritated, if they would have used a softer material like silicon instead of rubber, maybe? I will only use these for fitness so my only concern is comfort, and being able to hear my music while doing what I need to do.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've got the Bose wireless and am very satisfied. Nice fit and good enough sound quality. When I run I also use the Mighty audio were I can download spotify playlists. So much smaller than my phone.
  • belgerian
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The Bose are my next choice if the I have issues with the Iconx. The advantage I like over the on the Iconx is being able to store my playlist on the Iconx. I do not stream. I have my playlist I've used for a while every now and then I add and delete a few songs. I probably should have gotten the Bose first dunno why I did not because that is all I have every had in the past.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Treadmill this morning and no issue with them staying in. So far I'm real happy with them. Only complaint is they could be a bit louder. They are good outside as I don't like it too loud when I'm running outside, but on the treadmill I like to drown out the gym noise. But probably better for my hearing that I can't really crank them.