WHY DON'T BIGGER PEOPLE GET CUTE CLOTHES?!?!

I need to vent.

I am down to one freaking pair of jeans that fit now because my others are wearing out in the seams. I have been trying to hold off buying new jeans since I am trying to lose weight. I went online to order some more and the bigger sizes have 1 option compared to 5 on smaller sizes. Why is this??

I am really down in the dumps right now about my size. I am tired of being big. I have accepted the fact that I will NEVER be "small". I feel like I have been trying really hard but I guess I am feeling discouraged. I'm just tired of being uncomfortable. :[

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Bigger people do! They just have to know where to look.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Homepage.jsp
  • Bigger people do! They just have to know where to look.

Torrid is so expensive! I mean, I know that bigger sizes require more fabric but not that much! LOL
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    I loved Torrid, its just their prices were crazy! Fortunately I've found Old Navy offers a lot of things in bigger sizes so jeans are slightly more affordable... I hear your frustration though. its like if you want cute bigger clothes you ahve to pay an arm and a leg, otherwise you get stuck with dumpy clothes. :(
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    If you have a Dots near you, they have super cute clothes for bigger girls. No funky crotch thing going on like Lane Bryant.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member

Torrid is so expensive! I mean, I know that bigger sizes require more fabric but not that much! LOL
    That's why the clearance sales are amazing! :P
  • artgurl23
    artgurl23 Posts: 3 Member
    if you like to wear dresses, www.holyclothing.com is the place to go. the majority of my wardrobe comes from them. they're super comfortable, pretty, and wash well. just don't put them in the dryer as they get a lot shorter!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    i hear ya//i only have 3 pairs of jeans, and 2 pairs of workout pants..all my other clothes are too big, and holey as well..i am trying to hold off as well..maybe lane bryant ?? i am cheap, so i shopped at walmart no matter what size i am/was..good luck, love
  • artgurl23
    artgurl23 Posts: 3 Member
    and they're pretty reasonable.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    UMM HELLO!! FASHION BUG!!! :)

I started out as a size 28 W and I always have cute clothes :)

AND!! All their jeans are 15$ off right now. The Angels brand jeans are my favorite!
  • Forever21 has a super cute plus size section! I was actually quite thrilled with it ... I have a hard time shopping for clothes because I tend to hover on the borderline of "regular" and plus sizes (regular is in quotations because I don't know what else to call it). Sometimes I can't find anything on either side and it gets frustrating...
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    I love Old Navy, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. :)
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    What about Cato or Maurices?
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    I have felt your pain! At my biggest it seemed like nothing cute fit me, and if it did...it wasn't cute. I basically shopped at the Gap outlet because they had my size jeans and XXL shirts, and Target because they have a little plus size selection plus some XXL shirts. When I started losing more weight I rewarded myself with lots of more fashionable clothes from Torrid. Trust me, as you lose the weight it gets so much better. Stay focused and stay on track and you'll get there soon. Even if you don't become a "small" person, you'll have many options soon! Stick with it girl :)
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    find anywhere that sells the MXM line of clothing... reitmans, penningtons, and addition-elle are three that used to carry it here... check online

http://www.1-plus.com/mxm-dresses-_stcVVcatId487103VVviewcat.htm

i've gotten all sorts of cute stuff from them, at ridiculous clearance prices during boxing week and throughout the year.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    I forgot about Forever 21!! I used that store a bit during my weight loss because I could get jeans for $15. Excellent place to shop :)
    Forever21 has a super cute plus size section! I was actually quite thrilled with it ... I have a hard time shopping for clothes because I tend to hover on the borderline of "regular" and plus sizes (regular is in quotations because I don't know what else to call it). Sometimes I can't find anything on either side and it gets frustrating...
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    I am sorry you feel frustrated. However, there are a lot of stores out there that cater to curvalicious women (Torrid, Dots, Lane Bryant, Old Navy). I don't think it is fair that stores cater to small people either, but I have to shop in certain stores, too. I am tall and got a booty like "what". Do you know how many jean companies assume people do not have a butt or hips???
    Good luck on finding and buying some sexy clothes. You will need your confidence to give you strength to succeed in this weight loss journey.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    I loved Torrid, its just their prices were crazy! Fortunately I've found Old Navy offers a lot of things in bigger sizes so jeans are slightly more affordable... I hear your frustration though. its like if you want cute bigger clothes you ahve to pay an arm and a leg, otherwise you get stuck with dumpy clothes. :(

I LIVE at Old Navy lol. Cheap and I find things that fit. They know me so well at Old Navy that they say I should apply for a job there lol.
  • I hear ya! There are places to buy larger sizes but if you don't happen to live near one of them, good luck with ordering clothes online!!! I don't know how some people get by - oh no wait, I do know, they wear bad fitting plain boring stuff they had to settle for cuz they couldn't get to or afford decent clothes. Yes, I know there are places out there, but ordering stuff you can't try on is like playing russian roulette - about as much fun and with a lower success ratio. And usually an unfairly high price tag too.

I will add that I feel even worse for really tall gals, their selection is abysmal, with even fewer places to shop and higher price tags.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member

This! It takes a bit more work for use bigger gals to stay fly, but it can be done.

Besides

Torrid there's's
    Simply be
    MonifaC
    ASOS
    Lane Bryant (obviously)
    Faith21
    Jessica London
    IGIGI
    Ashley Stewart
    The Avenue
    Silohuettes
    Ulla Popken

to name just a few. I have always been the fashionable big gal so I spread my shopping around. I've never been stuck on a particular retailer or size. I also try to buy when I see items on sale so I'm not stuck needing something for a particular event.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    I hear ya! There are places to buy larger sizes but if you don't happen to live near one of them, good luck with ordering clothes online!!! I don't know how some people get by - oh no wait, I do know, they wear bad fitting plain boring stuff they had to settle for cuz they couldn't get to or afford decent clothes. Yes, I know there are places out there, but ordering stuff you can't try on is like playing russian roulette - about as much fun and with a lower success ratio. And usually an unfairly high price tag too.

I will add that I feel even worse for really tall gals, their selection is abysmal, with even fewer places to shop and higher price tags.
    I probably get 60 - 70 % of my wardrobe online. I actually don;t have too much trouble with getting the right size except for shoes. I need wide width shoes and not everyone's idea of what that means is the same. Clothing wise I make out like a fat rat & if you know how to you coupons and catch sales you can really clean up. I do & people ask me all the time where I get my clothes from. Right now I wear anywhere from a 24 - 28 depending on the cut. Less of my size 28 clothes are fitting and I'm getting back into my 24's.