i feel hopeless :'( :'( :'(

Options
hi everyone my name is Kyle (forget the name it says im a trans guy lol)

i just wanna know how to keep my motivation high, i have none at the moment i feel like im just gonna stay fat all my life and never get in shape and be fit i have no confidence in the way i look and just body shame myself all day everyday. i have a holiday in may and i wanna feel great and look great. i try to diet and exercise but always end up ailing and giving up and end up just going on a binge for days. im looking to lose about 2 stone.i started my journey at 16st and 4 pounds im now from when i last weighed myself 15st and 2 pounds and i wanna be about 13st 5 pounds
plz help me by telling me how you guys get by everyday and how u maintain willpower to keep eat healthy and exercising regularly :):):)

Replies

• janisseshirley
    janisseshirley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyle, I don't know about anyone else, but for me I just take one day at a time and keep my eye on the prize. I've always been told anything worth having in this life you got to work for, so I work hard at keeping focused and realize that if not today then someday I will be at the weight I want to be at. I think you have to focus on your inner beauty since you are feeling shamed of your outer. Learn to love yourself for who you are and not what you look like at the moment, and remember that if you don't like what you see that you are the only one who can change that.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on keeping motivation high. Focus on learning what you need to do to reach your goals, and building and strengthening good habits. Good habits are both healthy and attainable. The amount of discipline you need to stick to good habits, is quite small, but enough to build confidence. Confidence will make you feel and look great, regardless of body weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You've lost already so well done. So now you just have to keep on going.
    If you feel deprived/hungry often and don't feel you can stick to it then the question would be, have you chosen too aggressive a calorie deficit i.e you have input your stats to lose 2lbs a week instead of say 1.5lb or 1lb.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    The number one thing is to make sure you meet your macros... While staying within your calorie Your fat, your fiber, your protein. These are all extremely important in helping you feel satisfied and not deprived and not hungry.

Next is to be patient. Be patient with your body. Your weight loss is not going to be the same week to week. Some weeks I lose 2 pounds or more, other weeks I lose less than a pound. Sometimes I even stay the same.

Do not confuse water retention with weight gain or lack of weight loss. Your hormones are going to play a role in this whether you like it or not LOL. Water retention is the bane of my existence.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Been struggling this week myself, good on my eatting but lacking motivation to work out, feeling pretty down this week and my focus is elsewhere. Still forcing myself to do it but hoping next week my mind will get back in the game and it won't feel like a chore.

Weather is getting nice here again so that motivation for me to keep going with mountain bike season on the way.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just tried to develop new habits. Sometimes I was motivated and sometimes I was not, but I’d act anyway. If I didn’t want to go to the gym, I put on my shoes and went anyway. I discovered I felt better afterwards. I added the Happy Scale app to my phone which was really helpful.