Rotisserie chicken poll

Options
Random poll for no purpose other than my curiosity. When I buy a rotisserie chicken I:
1) Leave it whole and pick off what I need.
2) Debone the entire chicken and store pieces.
3) I don’t buy rotisserie chickens.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Option 2: shred it and store in containers depending on what I'm using it for. Discard the bones and skin.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    2) debone the entire chicken and keep the pieces
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Random poll for no purpose other than my curiosity. When I buy a rotisserie chicken I:
    1) Leave it whole and pick off what I need.
    2) Debone the entire chicken and store pieces.
    3) I don’t buy rotisserie chickens.

Closest to 2.. I carve, pick apart the whole thing and baggie the pieces, preferably while still warm and easiest. I sometimes leave the thigh/drumstick portions intact with bone since ~a single serving each.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I cut off one portion for me and my husband eats the rest for dinner (he loves rotisserie chicken). Then I toss the carcass in a pot and make broth out of it.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    2 but start as a meal first then debone after
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    #1 for the first meal... anything left over falls into #2.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    4 - Don't buy it at all... it's slimy and icky and triggers my gag reflex just thinking about touching it. It should trigger yours too toots! :s

Do you only have access to the cold ones? They can get a little... gelatinous from the hot fat solidifying as it cools. I have never gotten a hot rotisserie chicken that was slimy or icky or triggering.

Agreed.

Hot rotisserie is how I meal prep!
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    3. I just cannot bring myself to carve or eat meat off all those bones.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Option 2 Thank goodness so many stores carry rotisserie chicken for those days when I don't have a clue as to what I'm having for dinner.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    4.) carve it up like a normal chicken for the first meal. Pick off leftovers as I need it afterwards.

Yup. Was Sunday's dinner. And Mondays dinner as well.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I like to attack the breast first. That's good for 2 meals. Then I put the bird in the fridge. Next day I reheat it in the oven. I then pull apart the thighs, and this is good for 2 meals. Then it's time to get my fingers greasy and rip out every shred of meat left. I will store that in tupperware for the next day. Rotisserie chickens are quite a bargain.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    #2...but usually nothing gets stored. It will typically feed the four of us for dinner if it's a Costco one and rarely any leftovers. I buy them most often though to put in soups and whatnot.